checking e-mail.. WEbsite??

whosyourdaddy

DB is right, those services offer remote e-mail retrieval.

Another option is Flashmail:

http://flashmail.net/flashmail/pop.html

Also,

Another option for advanced users:

If you know your way around Outlook Express, which most internet cafes I've been to use, you can just add your ISP using tools/accounts/add and then insert your ISPs mail server address. Just remember to delete the account before you sign off.

That worked for me on my last trip.

"I think Yahoo!, Hotmail and LycosMail will all do POP retrievals. "

Yahoo will soon charge for POP3 access. Expect others to follow. They gotta make money somehow.

I know they are going to start charging for pop3 access, I guess all that spam isn paying off. But I think that he may have just meant pulling mail from a pop3 account to some kind of webmail account Yahoo's recent announcement didn't mention that. Eudoramail is still my favourite

[color:blue]> "I think Yahoo!, Hotmail and LycosMail will all do POP retrievals."color=blue>

Afaik, hotmail is allowing POP-access only when using a microsoft-client (I didn't get it running using my small news/ e-mail-server). No problems with yahoo so far, but I also got an e-mail that they will charge for pop-access soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a dribble to keep this thread current because I think it may be one of the more useful threads. Of the webmail sites (Hotmail, Yahoo, Eudoramail, and Operamail) I have tried with my mobile (T39m)* Yahoo is the only one that offers WAP access. If anyone knows more I suspect that others may find the information usefull.

AG

I mention the type of phone because there are places that are ment to serve WAP that I can't get to on my phone.

Archived