Managing multiple E-Mail-Accounts

Haven't tried the Hamster. What does it do? Collect all your emails into a single local mail account? I just use Outlook Express for managing multible email acounts. You can add all the pop3 or hotmail accounts you want and check mail on them seperately or all at the same time. Works for me. Although I am not a big fan of the news reader in Outlook Express.

Best regards

Danish30

• [color:blue]"... What does it do? Collect all your emails into a single local mail account? I just use Outlook Express for managing multible email acounts."color=blue>

Hamster collects news-goups and mail-accounts from different sources. I am using Netscape as my mail- and news-reader; Netscape only allows one E-Mail-account. Because of security I try to avoid MS products.

Netscape will manage several pop3 email accounts, however unless its changed since 4.7x, will not handle multiple IMAP accounts. Netscape can really do a job on the flat files that it stores your mail in. If your managing many accounts a purpose built item such as Eudora or Outlook will give you less grief. As for taming Outlooks affinity for collecting virii, worms and what not, turning off the Windoes scripting host and filtering email through something like PCcillin work if you are ever dilligent.

• [color:blue]"Netscape will manage several pop3 email accounts, however unless its changed since 4.7x, will not handle multiple IMAP accounts."color=blue>

Just checked it (NS 4.7x); when I try to add a second server, the following message comes up: "You can have multiple mail servers, if they are IMAP servers. You are currently using a POP server."

But I will have a closer look at MS Outlook too.

A simple program is use is prompter (www.eprompter.com) It checks my multiple hotmail accounts, shows any new messages and allows you to delete them. You can also read the messages, but then the program takes a longer time to download it all. At least up to now no virus problems whatsoever, which I had continuously with outlook before.

Archived