Part IV "The Power of C"

Day 5

After waking in the morning a smile crossed my face, not only because of the sudden memories brought back by the two ladies in my bed but also because I realized I was still in the LOS. The previous day K, S and myself decided to spend our last full day going to some of the islands around Phuket. After talking with the tour staff at the front desk of the hotel, we decided to rent a private boat and go to the Phi Phi islands. The advantage of the private boat was that we could determine how long we stayed at each place, the duration of the ride over, and most importantly we could leave later and sleep in a bit. Obviously the disadvantage was price, the equivalent of 300 USD for the three of us.

The transfer took us to the East Side of the island where we departed by speedboat for about a 40-min ride to Phi Phi Le. Phi Phi Le, was the island where they filmed some of the movie ?The Beach? at. This island is beautiful and the snorkeling was fun, but the area there and at Phi Phi Dom are packed with people such as ourselves, so if your looking for deserted getaways these islands should not be your choice.

We spend the morning snorkeling, and boating around Phi Phi Le, then moved over to Phi Phi Dom. Phi Phi Dom is the larger of the two islands, and has very developed accommodations. We took our time walking around the shops and lounging on the beach. This would be a fun place to do an overnighter, very relaxed setting. Although if nightlife is on your menu, you should bring it with you, I did not notice any obvious Sanuk nightspots. For my next trip I plan to get certified in Scuba Diving before I come over so I can take advantage of that aspect that is abundance at Phi Phi and other islands in the area.

After we returned to the hotel after our journey, I noticed for the first time my energy almost completely drained. While on the boat and islands you feel cool, refreshed all of those things, but the accumulation of the wind and sun has an amazing draining effect on you. K and S were feeling the same effects, but this was our last night at Phuket so we decided to shower, down a few Red Bulls, and make it a fun last night. So off we went to Dinner and a visit with C.

In addition to the Hard Rock bar, C?s place was a regular visit for us. As I mentioned in one of my previous reports, C was different from the norm in Phuket. She had lived and studied in France for two years and was above all else a charming and lovely lady. Every time we were there S, C, K and myself would have fun and some times in depth conversations about the world and Thailand, and it was obvious she enjoyed our, but particularly S?s company.

Going over I wasn?t sure what the trip would be like for S. Like I had mentioned, he has a wonderful wife, and is completely happy in his relationship with her. But nothing can prepare you for Thailand, even if like myself you read extensively about the people, nightlife etc before hand. So S, although having a great time, and being a tremendous trip partner, had a certain look in his eyes that last night at C?s place. I was in a quandary, S was not making any initiative in getting C to come with us, and thinking S needed the push (in hindsight, not sure if this was a good thing or bad thing) I invited C to join us after her closing time. C graciously accepted and we made our way for another one of those wonderful Thai dinners before the nightcaps.

N2, and my lone regret of the trip

As I had mentioned in the previous reports, I really enjoyed N2?s company. She was the ideal friend to make in Thailand. So why I didn?t call her that night, good question, one I?m still not sure about. It might have been that I wanted to have variety my last night in Phuket or that I was tired and wanted to go home alone, maybe that damn bitchy mamasan put a bad taste in my mouth. Was it I was afraid of messing up my fantasy of no complications for the trip and I enjoyed her company too much, really doesn?t matter now. I just regretted not spending my last day there with her the next morning, and am still regretting that right now.

Enough of the regrets, just make you sad, and I was shallow enough to shake those off for my last day in BKK. So we dinned then met C and M at the bar across the street from M?s. As an aside, some of my favorite places to drink in Patong were the small bars that were located directly on Bangla Rd. Watching the nightlife walk by while you are in good company is a great way to pass the time.

Besides the N2 thing, this was a perfect way to spend the last night, we spent 3 hours drinking, talking then some more drinking until 1:00. K and M, did their usual early departure and seeing that 3 was a crowd, and not helping my friend S?s vow of fidelity, I made an excuse that I would meet them later for dinner. Of course I never intended to follow through on that promise, and I made my way back to the Tiger Disco. Wish I had a great story to tell about the Disco. Plain and short I went home alone that night by choice, of course in Thailand if you go home alone, it almost has to be by choice.

So as I fell asleep, I thought of the story?s I might be hearing that following morning and of course N2.

Next ?The Power of Thailand? Day 6 in BKK, the flight home and final thoughts.

Archived