Restaurant - Sea Hag

Hi...

anyone has been to the restaurant in Patong called Sea Hag?

Any recommendations? Food prices? If you notice - my other post is enquiring about Baan Rim Pa prices too. Trying to find nice and affordable restaurants before I go there again.

Appreciate any help.

The food at Sea Hag is much better than that at Baan Rim Pa, and the prices much lower. But you don't get the view and the atmosphere -- just a dolled up shophouse.

I would go to Baan Rim Pa for a drink maybe, but the food is not very authentic Thai at all -- more like what you'd find in US restaurants, with outrageous prices for the local market (1,000 / person, easy). You can eat much better at half that price at the Sea Hag.

One place I really like to go in Patong to eat seafood at a very good price (it's not a restaurant) is the seafood place behind the muay Thai on Bangla road next to the Tiger disco. Great cook there and good choice of seafood at a very reasonably prices.

Falang

"It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. "

We had excellent and cheap seafood in Patong on several nights when we were there recently at an open-air market. I can't remember the name of the street, but you know the intersection of Bangla where the Rock Hard and (ex-)Shark Club is? It's on the cross street there, going north from that intersection, a very short walk from there and on the left. REAL good. REAL cheap.

It's the same place I wrote about in my previous message.

Very like that place and like you said "REAL good. REAL cheap". Also I find out that they also do good Thai food, and even better the girls love to go eat there.

Falang

"There is no remedy for sex but more sex."

Oh, yes, I see. I know the muay Thai place you're talking about now. I didn't associate it with there, because we walked along the street to get to it, making it seem like the muay Thai place was left far behind. Yes, GOOD eating there.

Thanks guys,

You must be referring to the open air stalls concept place. Accessisble from walking up away from Rock Hard(turn left from Bangla RD). Or from the lane at the left of the Muay Thai show. Will definitely give it a shot now.

Besides these - and thanks also for the comments on Sea Hag.

In general, i figure seafood will still be pricier.

Will be looking for a standard green curry, som tam, pad thai kind of place.

smile.gif

You wrote "In general, i figure seafood will still be pricier."

When I say very cheap that place is, 800 bahts 4 persons so 200 bahts a head for seafood so a very good deal. By the way, I ate there 6 time and we couln't eat everyting we had.

I agree with you a som tam or a pad thai is cheaper but it's still a very good deal.

Falang

"Never lie down with a woman who's got more troubles than you"

Archived