Bringing her to Canada for a vacation

Falang

I just had a idea, I want to invite my longtime Thai friend for a 1 month vacation here in Canada and going back to Thailand with her for my next trip to LOS.

What I have to do so that she can have a visa?

How hard it is to do That in Canada?

Travelling is not a problem for her, she's done it before and she speak a very good english.

Falang

"The nicer someone is, the farther away she is from you."

All she needs is her passport . She can enter Canada on a tourist visa no problem . Which part of Canada ? Just curious because I live in Toronto ?

I feel qualified to reply, because I am not Canadian nor have I ever been to Canada. smile.gif

I thought I would mention, though, a Canadian acquaintance I remember whose Thai wife was refused a visa. His parents contacted their Member of Parliament who after making inquiries said that Thais and Filipinos were THE major visa overstayers. Same story as in the U.S.

I also live in Toronto, and have many friends who immgrated here from China. They talk about this issue with me a lot. Since both P.R. China and Thailand are developing countries, I suppose the same general principles apply to both.

I don't think it will be easy to get a visitor's visa for your friend unless she can show pretty solid evidence that she will return to Thailand. By this I mean a really decent job, lots of money in the Bank, a business in Thailand or other strong roots.

As someone else mentioned in this thread, the fact she is a Thai female could be a problem because a lot of woman are smuggled in by Asian gangs to work as prostitutes here. Every now and then I read about the cops raiding massage parlor and finding illegal Thai women working inside.

Anyway, good luck with the application.

JG

In fact I check the web site of the embassy and it's more easy to make her immigrate here than to have a visa for her to visit me. The big problem is that she have prove that she have a good job and a good pay so out of question for bar girls. For a immigration I can sign a paper saying I will be responsable for her when she is in Canada but you can't do that for a visitor, so at the end it's not a good idea.

Falang

"Smile, it makes people wonder what you are thinking. "

Archived