Bummer for Thongchai

USVirgin

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Ben Curtis and Soren Hansen finished Friday's second round as a twosome after Thongchai Jaidee of Thailand withdrew during the round. Jaidee skipped his second shot out of the bunker on No. 10 and onto the green, holed a 20-foot putt for birdie and then walked over to a surprised Curtis and Hansen.

"We were walking off the green and he came up to shake my hand and I didn't know what he was doing," said Curtis. "Then he started pointing to his elbow. I hadn't noticed anything was wrong before that."

Jaidee, a former paratrooper in his country's air force, shot 74 in the opening round and was one under par through four holes in Friday's second round, then finished the front with three straight bogeys, a double bogey, and another bogey.

Hansen didn't know Jaidee was hurt until he noticed him applying ice to his elbow as he walked down the 10th fairway. "He'd been playing pretty good for a day and a half, then the wheels suddenly came off," Hansen said. "I guess the elbow was why. Obviously, it's very disappointing for him."

Link

Still a fantastic leaderboard (Westwood, Poulter, Kim, Tiger, Phil, Couples, Watson, et al. Should make for a great weekend.

Archived