Gold Coast-KL return < $600 - Air Asia

gobbledonk

OK, cut price airlines arent everyone's cup of tea, but I've enjoyed most of my Air Asia flights, the bus shuttle back to the terminal in BKK notwithstanding. Even if KL isnt your eventual destination, getting to Singapore/KL is at least 80% of the financial pain for most of my trips - even with an overnight hotel stay near KLCCT I will still come out several hundred ahead of what I would pay with another carrier.

Depart

D7 2703 Gold Coast (Brisbane)(OOL) to Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL)

Sat 01 May 2010

Depart 0840 Arrive 1510

171.00 AUD1 Guest @ 171.00

56.00 AUD Airport Tax

Return

D7 2702 Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL) to Gold Coast (Brisbane)(OOL)

Sun 09 May 2010

Depart 2125 Arrive 0725

346.00 AUD1 Guest @ 346.00

18.00 AUD Airport Tax

591.00 AUDTotal

Gobble

I'm a big fan of AirAsia...I use them for all my regional (SEAsia) and domestic Thai flying...their "specials," if you hear about them at the right time and they fit your plans, can be quite good: for instance, last December I went one-way BKK-Saigon for 1,000 baht all in, and the return trip Hanoi-BKK for the same.

They're professionally run, usually on-time, everything seems to be in good working order, easy-to-purchase online. And those cute stewardesses (means a lot coming from me, I usually don't like the petite ultra-skinny Thais and Malays, haha)...!

They also provide a quick and painless way to get to Vientiane from BKK: fly to Udon, around 3k return, hop on the 200 baht (one way) mini-van to the Friendship Bridge, reverse for the return trip.

Yes, some ripper fares.

I recommend signing up for Air Asia, Tiger, and Jetstar newsletters. You get 24 hours advanced notice of promotional fares.

Last year I picked up a beauty for this coming July 2010 back to Perth... incl all taxes.

BKK to KL A$33

KL to PER A$50 !!!

Total one way fare BKK to PER A$83

:beer:

Archived