Cambodia ... answer to 600 Baht Barfines?

donaldenta

>I guess I meant that the money handed over by you covers everything. From what I've heard, Sharky's/Mamasan/girl splits that money, so what I meant with barfine was Sharky's part. The girl's part goes straight to the mamasan to pay off her debt.

This goes against what I've been told, but who knows?

>I've always been asked to pay upfront.

I've never been asked to pay up front. I regularly marvel at the different expireances us farongs have in Asia.

>I didn't know that the girl had to pay to get out of the building... is that a normal practice at hotels in PP?

That is my understanding. Have you ever had a girl ask you to walk her out of the Hotel? well thats the only way they can avoid paying the doorman.

>I usually give, depending on performance that is, a $5-10 tip in the morning. (I know I'm overpaying, sorry

well that is within the right neighborhood. I say it's better to tip too much than too little.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I've been quoting in USD. The US dollar is widely used in Cambodia. Everybody including the girls seems to prefer the mighty dollar to local riels. If you happen to get riels for change when buying something, use it to pay motorbike taxis or to tip to the hotel maid.

Bring USD, preferably in cash. All excess cash should be stored in the hotel safe. Never carry more than you need for the day. I've always brought cash with me, so I don't know if it would be a hassle to cash travellers cheques. If you have a

Visa or MC, bring it as a backup in case shit happens.

KM11 had been raided again (check penhball.com for details). According to the reports, the police was looking for underage girls and checking the girls ids. Ladies and Mama-sans were arrested (well, not all). Houses 9, 14 and 15 were the targets.

I've been to PP several times. Much has been said, here are my experience including a few other sanuk places you may want to try out.

First, take US dollars. Dollars are used for $1 and up and Riel for change. You can cash traverlers checks and get cash advances at the local banks, but if you want to change Thai Baht, etc. you must go to the money chagers in the market. Your driver will know where to go. Rates are good. Some restaurants will take Baht.

K11 - a must. Both ST at K11 and LT at your hotel are available. I like to go in the late morning - do a few ST then take one or two girls for LT. LT ends at 8:00 AM unless you make other arrangements. The K11 house will usually send motorbike to pick up the girls. $5 ST and about $20 LT are the norm but I'm usually asked to pay more. I have paid more a few times. $1 tip for ST and $5 tip for LT.

ST rooms are mostly small and cramped. A few have "showers" in the room but it is more common to take a "shower" in a seperate bathrom down the hall. My favorite is the outdoor rooftop bath at number 14 or 15. They provide soap and towels but I brng my own. Take your valuables to the shower. I've never had a problem, but just be safe. Sometimes the rooms are shared rooms other times you will go to the girls "private" room.

Some of the popular girls have their own private room for sleeping, most share rooms. One of the private rooms had a wall full of the girl's cloths covered with a towel to keep them clean. She must have had 50 outfits on hangers.

When you enter a house you will be taken to a private room with couch and table where you can meet the girls and take your pick(s). It is common have 4 or 5 girls sitting in your lap, holding your hand or standing there waiting for your inspection. You can order a drink and talk with the girls (none to good English). Go to the room or leave when you are ready. You pay when leaving but get the price from the mama/papsan before hand. It's quite an experience!

Day and night are somwhat different. The girls mostly stay in their houses during the day but seem to run around the streets to see their friends at other houses at night. Dress is sportsware in the day with more dresses at night. Several outdoor restaurants have food and drink. A good spot for girl watching.

Martini - I like the place. The girls are somewhat aggressive - some will approach you by asking to share your table, etc. It's mostly outdoors. There is a bar, food stall and large screen movie and a separate room to dance. Also a Karaoke bar has opened in the parking lot. Many will do 2-somes although not necessarily GG. Mix of girls, but mostly Khmer with some Viet and Chinese. Many taxis are available to take you home or have your driver wait for you. About $20 to 25 LT.

Sharkey's - just went once. Indoor place with bar, food, pool, other games. Girls will approach if you're alone.

63rd Street massage places. Many nice Viet girls. ST on site or LT at hotel, I've done both. I've had a couple of perfect bodies from those places. A little more expensive then K11, maybe $10 ST and $30 LT, but I went during the crackdown and was there on Chinese New Year when prices were up. I took my favorite girl out for 48 hours, cost was $65.

Monument Circle - girls hang out in park starting around 8:00 PM with and without touts. Drive or walk around. Girls will come to your car if yor're driving slow. I had my driver take me there but I didn't stop. However, it's a stop for me next trip. I think I would be mobbed by pretty girls if I walked, that could be a good thing!

Tonle Sap Restaurant? on the river, Ithink that is the name - my driver took me there. I had 2 K11 girls in tow, but there were many girls outside the restaurant looking for dates. Perhaps they only spoke Kmer but worth a visit if you're looking for a new place to try out. 2 single guys sat down at the next table. 2 girls soon approached and asked to join them, soon a party of 4. I had a great time dancing and drinking with the girls and my driver and others in the restaurnat that wanted to party with us.

Fredro

I'll be in Pattaya from the 24th June for a week before I go to Vietnam and Cambo will u be around then. Would love to share a beer and some info before i go if you would be up for that..................

A lot of posts mention "your driver will know" does that mean that it is not safe to walk around at night and it is better to hire a cab and driver?

The two key words seem to be yum yum and boom boom could you translate these please. I guess they are BJ and FU** but it would help to know which is which.

Is Svay pak open at night and is it safe then.

Thaks again

Uniformguy

Hi!

Sure, we could meet up in Pattaya. Where will you be staying?

Regarding drivers in PP. I wouldn't recommend walking around too much and there's no reason to either because motorbike taxis are readily available. As in most cities around the world, some blocks aren't safe and some are. If you're just going to a couple of places at night, a motorbike taxi will do just fine. Not to mention a lot cheaper than a regular taxi. If you could split the taxi with someone else, then you should go for a regular taxi. I guess it's "just" a matter of money.

Yum yum = BJ and boom boom = ... fxxk

Svay Pak is opens around 10 am and closes midnight sometime. Haven't been around Svay Pak at night, but my friends have and they say it's ok. Some expats are usually there at night, so you won't be the only tourist there then. Just keep a low profile. As you've probably read on the penhball message board, there seems to be some turmoil at Svay Pak. Hopefully it will all be back to normal before your arrival.

Can't stand motor bikes I really do not feel safe on them and finding the cheapest everything is not my main focus.......how much is a taxi to SP and what do you mean by the girls are wearing sports gear during the day. Sorry if that was not your posting does that mean shorts and t shirts..................

I will be staying in the Roof garden a new place only opened end of last year in South Pattaya. never stayed there before but the rooms look good on the website and only 650baht.

bassgod

do't leave me hanging like that fredro has just explained what boom boom means..........pls translate.

Thanks again for the info the beers are on me in Pattaya.

Uniformguy

>Can't stand motor bikes I really do not feel safe on them and finding the cheapest everything is not my main focus.

I agree with you but it's not always easy to find a Taxi, and not always safe. I found it to be a good compromise to get on a moto and tell the driver I want a slow safe ride, they probably thought I was a pussy, but who cares.

>how much is a taxi to SP

I think it's generally $5 an hour (it's always $7 from the airport), If you just want to be taken out there and dropped off I guess thats $5. It's probably best to arrange a taxi through your hotel, haggle a bit and you should be able to get the car for $20-$25 a day. I've only been there twice and both times I was with someone that knew his way around, namely Ranger.

***Actually I just realized that I have the phone number and email address of a friendly and reliable taxi driver in PPN. He speaks very good English and I know for a fact that he Knows all of the good Farong Sanuk spots. I thought it was funny that he gave me his card, but now I understand why. PM me if you want that info. I beleive we paid him $25 a day, but we kept him out late.

>do't leave me hanging like that fredro has just explained what boom boom means..........pls translate

Boom Boom Ding Dong means you want to put it in their bottom, even if thats not what your into It's funny to tell them that. In fact my favorite girl of last trip replied

I BOOM BOOM YOU DING DONG!!!! She was of course joking.

Are you planning to go to Toul Kok (sp?)

Bassgod

I might do if I knew where it was or what it is. I have been reading penhball.com and seen it mentioned but all the posts assume that people know where these places are so as a newbie I keep asking. So now you can enlighten me!!!!!!

Also I presume from your post that anal is out of the question although to be honest I am a big guy and they always say no.......Thanks for the info I will email you re the taxi driver it sounds like a good idea to pay for the day as I will be on my own and a newbie.

Uniformguy

Archived