Protection Rackets

Ckrisg

There was an article in my local paper tonight, Manchester Evening News that two English guys one from Salford, Manchester have been arrested and freed on £3000.00 pounds bail for running a protection Racket in Pattaya. appears that they tried to hit a Farang for £15,000 pounds protection for his tourist business.

Could this happen?

where they acting alone?

have they been arrested because they doid noy pay the right people?

Would the Thai Police and the Russian/Thai Mafia if it exists allow this to happen?

Chris

.... two English guys...have been arrested and freed on £3000.00 pounds bail for running a protection Racket in Pattaya..... Would the Thai Police and the Russian/Thai Mafia if it exists allow this to happen?

You are perhaps making an unnecessary distinction between the Thai Police and the Thai Mafia.

What about Pakistani mafiosos? I knew of a farang girl from S Africa who just happened to be sitting nearby an African guy in the khao san road area. Apparently, the african guy owed some drug money to the pakistanis or stole money from them, and so they beat the hell out of both him, and the farang, when he refused to pay. I've heard other stories about Pakistanis being involved in drugs and heroin trading in Tland, but it makes me wonder:

I know pakistan and afghanistan have or at least had a striving opium/heroin market for supply, but I thought it went westward through lebanon or directly to europe. In contrast, I thought the opium/heroin available in Tland came from Burma or to a lesser extent Yunnan and Laos, and that it was basically a Thai run operation in cahoots with some Chinese. Why would Pakistanis be involved in drugs in Tland? Any idea?

Archived