Will be making lots of calls to the USA

I happen to see this on another board below... will this work? How bout Netphone? Also some calls are 800 # s anyway to call using their toll free # ?

Ever consider doing VoIP? You buy a basic T.1 with a Cisco 2516 or 2517, maybe even a 3600 series router with the CSU/DSU built in. Do a digital NIC upgrade for easy conversion of anolog to digital. Then every call is a local call. The one drawback is not everybody is capable of digital conversion.

Second option (or thought); since most of your calls are to the USA you could pick the area with the best rates, buy a BTN (billed telephone number), have it RCF (remote call forwarded) to an 800 # or just use it as your NNI (national network interface) and pay the long distance rates from there. You hook this back to yourself in a reverse SINA arrangement via Frame Realy or a Point-To-Point PVL (private line). You save on access costs in the US because there is no 'physical' connection, it's just a software entry at the switch in the POP.

If you are talking about phone calls on the Intenet, many people I know, myself included, have had trouble with Net2Phone since they came out with their "Message Center" upgrade last year; it just doesn't work most of the time.

I signed up with DialPad a few weeks ago, took the DialPadWorld option ($10 minimum deposit) and you can call to almost any country. It always seems to work; the rates vary depending on the called country and are listed on their dialpad.com web site.

Hi Showtime,

The solutions described sounds a bit expensive to setup (t1, cisco router) I have used a service called net2phone many times, cheap and in fact for free when calling to USA. There are several other services like that one. I would take a look at those first, but of course if you require a first class connection you might need a more expensive solution.

Best regards,

Danish30

Archived