TOT Outlook Email Settings?

cavanami

I have been using TOT for the past few years, works OK. I use Outlook 2007 and my company's email server, not the TOT email server. All worked OK.

Now, this week, I can no longer send emails. Nothing has been changed on my PC or the setting in Outlook, so me thinks that TOT is now b locking my outgoing email port (has been 26 for years).

Phoned TOT, tried several different port numbers (25, 2525, 587), but still not sending email out.

Changed to use the TOT email server but still did not work, so most likely I need a new combo of settings.

TOT said they will call me back...waiting, waiting....

Anyone one else here using TOT, with Outlook and an email server other then the TOT email server?

If so, what settings are you using?

TIA

Mike

TOT rang back and said to try:

smtp.totisp.net for the outgoing mail server.

Port 25, must be used with the above server,

Also, uncheck "require authorization" or whatever the exact wording is in the advanced settings.

Now working.

It appears my company mail server is "out to lunch", but per TOT, they do not block Port 26 so this one can be used with a non-TOT mail server.

• 3 months later...
I have been using TOT for the past few years, works OK. I use Outlook 2007 and my company's email server, not the TOT email server. All worked OK.

Now, this week, I can no longer send emails. Nothing has been changed on my PC or the setting in Outlook, so me thinks that TOT is now b locking my outgoing email port (has been 26 for years).

Phoned TOT, tried several different port numbers (25, 2525, 587), but still not sending email out.

Changed to use the TOT email server but still did not work, so most likely I need a new combo of settings.

TOT said they will call me back...waiting, waiting....

Anyone one else here using TOT, with Outlook and an email server other then the TOT email server?

If so, what settings are you using?

TIA

Mike

Fortunately your issue is similar to mine. I had it couple days ago. One tool relieved me to manage the issue for some minutes and I think this tool is able to repeat it in running situation - lost pst file.

Archived