Laos

Read somewhere else that Laos is pretty dead concering sanuk. Seems that brothels and alike is prohibited.

But when visiting Lou Prahbangh and Vientianne is there

still possibilities to hook up with the ladies?

Hi,

been to Laos this March and it was feally fun. Don't expect something like LOS or Kampuchea, a little bit more like Vietnam, maybe even more shy. There are no beer-bars, no go-gos and no soapies, so if you like this kinda attractions, stay in Siam.

But there are some hostess bars/clubs, where you accompanied by some overdressed and shy Lao girl, which is normally a whore you can take out (1000 baht ST), is sitting at your table, making conversation (most don't speak much english) and sipping beer-lao. Free-lancing action is in the discotheques of the bigger/pricier hotels, but never been there. All in all prostituion is still illegal in Laos, so take some care. Most of the Hotels will allow female lao guests, but not officially. Best way to ask straightforward but still kinda discreet the bell-boy or the receptionist. Note: This is all about Vientiane, been to Luang Prahang too, but had no luck. But the town is very nice and the beer very tasty, so you can stay cool for a night or two. Btw, take a flight! ...and feel fee to ask for more.

Bye, H.

I've been at Viethene,Luan Prabang,Vang-Vien.

Fuckin' dry there,is no sanuk at all,ppl doesn't speak English-just French.Disco's is close by 11 PM,lack of bars etc.

Have seen few "restourants",when you can eat and enjoy with the ladies.Didn't try it ,due I don't like to pay for sex.

Not working girls is shy,and have weird attitude,usualy no Englis at all.When I pass the border back to Thai,I got a BIG SMILE.

Conclusion:Don't go to Laos,if you looking for sanuk,but go there if you looking for fantastic nature,cheap and good Ganja and Opium(you can buy it in every place),and views of post- communist not developed country.

contrary to reports, there is sanuk in Laos, although it is a bit more under the table and quieter than in LOS....even in Vientiane, it is rather hush hush, very hotel limited, and fairly expensive (comparable or more than in LOS, but Laos is a much poorer country)....can't remember the name of the hotel i stayed in, but if you go west along the Mekong from the fancy Lane Xang Hotel, after about 15 minutes walk you will come to a hotel on the corner, looking out on the Mekong...there is a nightclub attached to it downstairs....this place is packed with gals, and the hotel was about $15 and very friendly.....only problem with these nightclubs (which by the way can be found in almost all towns in Laos), is that they are almost pitch black, i mean really hard to see, complete with pulsing loud music, and strobe lights.....in Vientiane, the waiters come and ask if you want a lady (the waiters can speak English), but it is rather hard to choose when you really can't see! If you can't speak any Thai (or Lao/Issan), it really isn't worth it, as the gals speak almost no English, and the scene really isn't like LOS)....still, some cuties out there, and an interesting experience, and if you can speak Thai, possibilities are endless......chok dee

In Vientiane, try Samlo Pub or Chess Pub (all tuk-tuk drivers know about these places). Chess Pub has live music after 10 pm (closing time 12:30 am). I've picked up a number of free-lancers here over the past four years; expect to pay 1,000 Baht LT. As for hotels, can be a problem with visitors; always ask the receptionist before checking in. Or choose one of the guesthouses; usually less hassle.

Samloa Pub is always good to pick-up some birdie, in fact all girls working there are bar-girls. The bar itself is really nothing special, there are better places in VT. Get in, have a drink, pay-out some girlie and hit the road to some other bar or discotheque would be my advice. I stayed at the Asian Pavillon, had not much of a problem bringing in a girl, but I asked before at the reception. Yes, sounds strange, but is better to do so. Only problem was that the girl had to leave before 1 am, but otherwise I always do ST, so no problem for me. Bye, H.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived