Info... Rio

vinod

Hi

I'll be going to Rio around mid-May. Can any board memebers pl. give me info., on the best places for action and guest friendly hotels in the range of USD 75 to 100.

Also the best location to stay Lido, Copacabana or Ipanema. I'm there only for 4 days would like to make the best of it.

Thanks

vinod

Can't be of much help... last time there was about 10 years ago. Stayed on Copacabana. Lots of bars where they set an hard liquor bottle on your table, mark the level of the booze in the bottle. At the end of the night, you pay for the 'difference' between the original mark and what's left. Interesting way of doing things.

While you're drinking, 10 girls on stage, dancing fully-clothed. Another 20 or so at the back of the bar, standing around and waiting for their turns to dance. You can choose any of the girls for take-out... rooms on premises upstairs. Don't know the cost, though. Didn't partake. I assume it's expensive.

Lots of these type of bars on the main road that runs into Copacabana... at the opposite end of Copacabana from Ipanema. Touts on the street, trying to draw you in. They claim to show you cards which show that their girls were checked by a doctor recently and are 'healthy'.

Very interesting. Actually liked the place quite a bit.

But be very careful on Cocabana at night. Don't go near the beach. Even the street was dangerous. That's what I was told by all of the locals.

Best info is:

www.ipanema.com

Much more there than I could possibly tell you. For location, for four days, Copacabana probably best, most central. Like everywhere else, dangers greatly exaggerated. Only been once, this past carnaval, was accompanied and being a good boy, but check out the termas (bathhouses-ST on-site only and about $75). Help disco in Copa is notorious for late night freelancing.

Also check:

www.skyauction.com

Used them many times, including last month's last-minute $400 fare (from SFO) to LOS. Very reliable. For instance, the 5-star Othon Palace could be scored for about $35 a night (about one-fourth walk-up or with other reservation sites). Otherwise, your budget buys nice hotel, particularly in May. Another option, detailed on ipanema site, is private apartments.

Last november I stayed at the Atlantis Copacabana, 120 Reais, nicely situated between Copa and Ipanema, 15 min. walk to Help, but take a taxi to get back. You pay something extra when you bring a lady.

Rio is not as dangerous as they say, I think things have improved lately, but don't do stupid things, like anywhere else in the world.

Help is great, you can spend many nights there and is fun even when you go back alone (yes it happens to me, unlike many other members... wink.gif).

Termas are great, I went to "L'uomo", in Copa, and liked it very much. You stay in a bathrobe at the bar sipping a drink and talking to the girls or the other men there, until you chose one girl and go to a room.

I'll be back in Rio in may as well, I'll visit São Paulo first.

Hi

Thanks to all those who have given the info. I'm re-searching on the web and a lot of info is there, the only thing that is missing, is the guest friendly or guest policies of the hotels.

Copacabana looks like the action place and I've decided to stay there.

cheers

vinod

Hi.

This site has general info and plenty of hotels and appartments. The Rio Roiss is a popular not expensive hotel and is guest friendly... Popular with like minded gents wink.gif

http://www.blameitonrio4travel.com/.

Also, try doing a search in this forum for Brazil; I remember there have been more posts.

Brazilians are very butt minded... Don't know why and don't know if you're into that... Completa = complete means girl does anal smile.gif lol

Just so you know what to expect... All these girls are available from 170 Reais up (about 75USD)

http://www.sexyhall.com/principal.htm

Cheers,

Tycona.

I was in Rio last January and stayed at the Hotel Debret, a safe two block walk from Help Disco and across the street from Copacabana beach. I paid $50 US/nght and the rate included a buffet breakfast. No problem bringing an overnight guest to your room. You can book the hotel on the www.ipanema.com website.

Archived