Thai spirits

trotsky2

I figure I would like to crack this subject to all. Is it a myth or is there some truth to the claim that some Thai alcohol beverages contain substances that we would not otherwise find in our drinks back home? I have experienced some strange after effects myself and have heard a million stories about this subject. Does anyone have FACTS on this subject?

I had all sorts of bad experiences with Singha and gave up drinking it after a couple of months in LOS. It wasn't the getting pissed as that is a quantity issue (!) but I had bad dreams after drinking Singha, disturbing very personally upsetting ones (like I had to shag a farang woman aaarrrgghhh), and was on edge and tense the next day. Something definitely wasn't right.

Given the stuff up for good.

Jesus, people drink 30 bottles of the stuff, get sick, then think, "Dang! Must have been the formaldehyde." Remember: Thai beer, no matter what the brand, has a higher alcohol content than many other beers. That's usually what does it. I have been a loyal Singha drinker for years and years and years; nothing amiss detected so far.

"Old Hippie compared singha from LOS to the one sold in USA. Not the same, even in clour was his conclusion."

Old Hippie is right. When I lived in Hawaii, Singha was available. I, too, noticed it was not as good and was told that they had to water it down, because of U.S. government regulations. The alcohol content of the REAL stuff is higher than what is allowed for beer in the U.S.

another reasoni like LOS-SINGHA

i drink it all the time and for the first couple of trips wondered why after 4-5 in the afternoon i was feeling woozy.

then one day read the label and saw the alcohol content and fell off my seat.

in the uk my normal tipple is less than 4%

sayjann

Your not a fosters drinker are you ??Always tastes like piss to me. Give me a good pint of Stella Artios any time but i don't think they sell it in LOS

Archived