My Drinking

Fiery Jack

We've never met but have enjoyed your sense of humor in your posts over the years. I appreciate what you've shared and hope that you can keep us posted on what unfolds from here. You've stepped back and examined your life honestly. It's an invitation for all of us. Be well my friend.

Anyway, to FJ. Good to hear you're doing well. You seemed to have moved into a new phase in your life. Much more introspective. I say it as a good thing mind you.

Good luck on your journey in finding happiness and life's answers.

Thanks gents. It's replies such as these (friends I've yet to meet like these) that keep me convinced about this board's good worth, have me coming back like a meandering moth to this warm flame for meaning.

Thanks to all you beautiful crazy diamonds. Special shout out for my brother Sayjann who's had battles of late that would beat better men than me, but they haven't beaten him and, I am hoping, they won't. :hug:

Thanks to you all from my heart. You've stayed with me down the years, and I have stayed with you. That's nice. There's so much shit, so much f*cking shit. But this is nice. :content:

The least cynical post I have ever written on here? :hmmm: Yes. F*ck, I must be growing up. :doah:

Don't worry, lads. I'll be back on the ale soon enough, :drunk: and then... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :clown:

jack :help:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is the new generation eh? Lol, dog man star pretty much defined me too. Perhaps we do take the pills to find each other.

You shouldn't lose heart. There have been a lot of breakthroughs lately. A combination of Campral (Acomprosite calcium) and Naltrexone has shown very positive results in a recent study of even the most recalcitrant dipsomaniacs. It takes the cravings away, but it's up to you to establish a life worth living (guess what - noone is ever going to hand you that on a plate).

This is something you should take deadly serious. You should warrant every sober hour, or second sober as inordinately precious. Make no mistake this is a fight for survival.

What you wrote about, well forgive me for shaking my head but you haven't got a gold card - I'd credit you with a wooden card - it's so intolerably tame and work-a-day that I couldn't...

Well anyway. I'm writing this from a luxurious villa on a beach near manilla. One thing I'll tell you if you're even as smart as you appear to be - straighten out and you can have anything you want. Anything you want...

So this is the new generation eh? Lol, dog man star pretty much defined me too. Perhaps we do take the pills to find each other.

You shouldn't lose heart. There have been a lot of breakthroughs lately. A combination of Campral (Acomprosite calcium) and Naltrexone has shown very positive results in a recent study of even the most recalcitrant dipsomaniacs. It takes the cravings away, but it's up to you to establish a life worth living (guess what - noone is ever going to hand you that on a plate).

This is something you should take deadly serious. You should warrant every sober hour, or second sober as inordinately precious. Make no mistake this is a fight for survival.

What you wrote about, well forgive me for shaking my head but you haven't got a gold card - I'd credit you with a wooden card - it's so intolerably tame and work-a-day that I couldn't...

Well anyway. I'm writing this from a luxurious villa on a beach near manilla. One thing I'll tell you if you're even as smart as you appear to be - straighten out and you can have anything you want. Anything you want...

I know. You are right. That is a brilliant post. I read you. I haven't lost heart. I have found one.

Really. Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

The bit about wooden/gold card is the only bit I think I am unsure of. Would you mind elucidating a little? PM if you like. You have my undivided attention.

jack :help:

Here's another reason why I prefer to avoid gals who hit the sauce a little too hard:

Seinfeld has an interesting take on drinking - he reckons its one of the few hobbies where you dont have to go out and buy expensive equipment, and you actually get to discard things - family, job, self-respect - until eventually all you need to find is more alcohol. Never a truer word said in jest.

It's insidious, after three years with very little alcohol I'm up to a couple of drinks a day.

I keep telling myself there's no harm in it, it's actually the civilised way to drink but a little voice keeps whispering to me that I'm fucked again.

It's insidious, after three years with very little alcohol I'm up to a couple of drinks a day.

I keep telling myself there's no harm in it, it's actually the civilised way to drink but a little voice keeps whispering to me that I'm fucked again.

As long as that little voice doesnt belong to any of the following, you'll be OK:

- a member of law enforcement

- a cellmate who seems to think your name is 'freshmeat'

- your new 'how freakin drunk was I' bride

Had a customer come in earlier in the week - she runs a gourmet kitchen down the road and has a couple of staff members who need references urgently, as they 'have to go to court'. All alcohol-related, mindless crap that could have seen someone killed - its just epidemic out here in Crotchrot, NSW.

Archived