50 Years In A Thai Jail - No Thanks ....

gobbledonk

It's a popular theory that us guys that live here are forever forking over baht to the BiB but I have never done it either.

I'm constantly stopped at police road blocks living as close to the borders as I do but they invariably wave me on when they see my hansum farang face.

Years ago during Thaksin's drug wars, police road blocks were set up in my old neighbourhood almost every night. They would always wave the Farangs through them. I do remember when Stickman got stopped one night because he didn't have his passport with him, but that happened in a tourist area. Respectable Farangs very seldom have problems. ;)

It's a popular theory that us guys that live here are forever forking over baht to the BiB but I have never done it either.

I'm constantly stopped at police road blocks living as close to the borders as I do but they invariably wave me on when they see my hansum farang face.

Farang.

Sometimes there are advantages....

Flash, I'd be extremely surprised if you havent been in a position with one of the boys in brown where a few baht didnt need to change hands. I just hope you left him with enough for the rent ! :neener:

I recall one night when I decided to have a late night, friend in town, possible 3some in motion ... went to that Disco on the even side on lower Suk (maybe near Soi 10/12) ... long story short, I ditched my mate and went back home to Suttisarn with 2 Tilac girls ... taxi gets stopped at the Ratchada/Sukhumvit intersection by the BiB, we all get ordered out of the taxi, the girls open up their purses. I am half tanked just wondering what next, well, I get asked "Are you carrying anything". I just said "Nah, just money". I pull up the hundred and thousand baht notes in my pocket, the BiB just stare in shock. I push the money back in and then get slapped on the back by the BiB saying "handsome man", "power man" so on and so on.

I always find you can avoid the tea leaf payment if you bring the cash out into the open, and it sets them back a bit :beer:

I recall one noght when I decided to have a late night, friend in town, possible 3some in motion ... went to that Disco on the even side on lower Suk (maybe near Soi 10/12) ... long story short, I ditched my mate and went back home to Suttisarn with 2 Tilac girls ... taxi gets stopped at the Ratchada/Sukhumvit intersection by the BiB, we all get ordered out of the taxi, the girls open up their purses. I am half tanked just wondering what next, well, I get asked "Are you carrying anything". I just said "Nah, just money". I pull up the hundred and thousand baht notes in my pocket, the BiB just stare in shock. I push the money back in and then get slapped on the back by the BiB saying "handsome man", "power man" so on and so on.

I always find you can avoid the tealeaf payment if you bring the cash out into the open, and it sets them back a bit :beer:

Call me crazy, but there is no way that I would flashing any cash in front of them.

An expat told me that he saw a Thai pull out a brick of 1000 baht notes and casually hand it to the cops at a border checkpoint, everyone smiling and completely oblivious to the Farang with his jaw on the floor. As a teacher making 35k a month, one of those bricks would have gone a long way in his world.

Archived