Does one use "Kap" (¤ÃѺ) in written letters, etc.

Does one use "Kap" (¤ÃѺ) in written correspondence, emails, etc. I'm thinking of both writing to a Thai girl in one instance but also when emailing (or faxing) for hotel or other reservations. Should one end requests or questions with a respectful "kap" (¤ÃѺ)?

My sense is no, or rather, it follows rules similar to speech. I would guess it's not very necessary for someone you know well (girlfriend, etc.), but in more formal relationships I'm not sure.

¢Ãº¤Ø³ ¤ÃѺ!

joeyjojo,

"writing to a Thai girl "

Using ¤ÃѺ is very polite. If you just became bf/gf it's ok to use it. But if you are closer - leave the word and use softer tone to her or use ending word like Ja ¨êà instead.

"emailing (or faxing) for hotel or other reservations. Should one end requests or questions with a respectful "kap" (¤ÃѺ)? "

If you want to make it a formal tone - don't use it. But if you don't - use it.

Hope this answer your question.

BTW, ¤ÃѺ should be Krup - don't for get the 'r' eventhough people don't pronounce it. But it's there!

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone here using Netscape 4.75 on Win2000 or WinME US editions? I've tried installing Thai fonts but can't seem to work and I see posts like this that appear to include embedded Thai fonts. I wanna play too!

Never mind. I've given up and switched to MSIE, which works to let me read. ¢Ãº¤Ø²¤ÃѺ

New problem: I'm using VKey to type, as I don't have a thai keyboard. When I type I can't see the letters, just garbage, but when I preview the post I can't. Any ideas?

Archived