Words Fail Me.....

gobbledonk

http://www.news.com.au/national/woman-gets-no-jail-for-sex-abuse/story-e6frfkvr-1226171268758

A WOMAN who had sex with four teenage boys has walked free from court after being handed a suspended prison sentence.

Laura O'Donnell, 20, pleaded guilty and was convicted in the County Court of four counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16 and five counts of committing an indecent act with a child under 16.

Court documents reveal she plied the boys, aged 12, 15, and two aged 14, with alcohol on three separate occasions. The first two involved one victim and the third, all four.

Documents show O'Donnell, who had trained to be a childcare worker, assaulted the boys while drunk between February and June last year in Ballarat .

Judge Sue Pullen wholly suspended O'Donnell's two-year, five-month sentence and placed her on an 18-month community-based order despite her previously breaching a similar order for an attempted robbery.

A report handed to Judge Pullen by a community corrections officer said O'Donnell repeatedly breached her 125-hour order and even failed to attend an assessment for the order she was eventually granted.

The judge attributed her offending to a troubled background, low self-esteem and alcohol abuse.

Crime Victims Support Association president Noel McNamara said the sentence was a disgrace.

"If it was a man on those charges it would have been a different story," he said.

Bizarre ... as McNamara said, imagine if the genders had been reversed. Would a 20-year-old man walk if he had boozed and shagged 4 underage girls? This really looks sick, especially since the judge is a woman herself. Now reverse the genders again - say a male judge had come up with this slap on the wrist for a male kiddie perv. There would be outcries for the judge's lynching by the feminists.

Agreed Flash. They DID allow a male pedophile to walk a few months back, on the basis of 'diminished responsibility', but there was still outrage aplenty. Reading between the lines, it was a case of 'cousins marrying' and the older son being left alone with his little sister. Horrific upbringing, no question, but does that mean he should have been left to wander around with the rest of us ?

Contrast those judgements with the inmates Louis Theroux interviewed in his doco, many of whom will *never* be released:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Place_for_Paedophiles

I've said it before re jails in SE Asia - I wake up in any of these places and I'd prefer the state to put a needle in my arm. ASAP.

Archived