Oz Launches New Budget Airline

gobbledonk

Not sure who the hell would want to be in the aviation business in 2011, but clearly this lot see a future:

http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/travel-ideas/a/-/11310334/with-news-like-this-who-cares-about-qantas/?src=y7homepage

The new airline will expand its routes to involve flights between Melbourne and Brisbane and will include Strategic’s existing flights between Australia and Bali and Phuket, and eventually hopes to offer a service to Honolulu.

Vasta claims that with Air Australia they hope to offer Aussies another option when choosing a domestic and Asia carrier, with competitive fares that will result in overseas destinations being more affordable for Australians.

Can't say that I have any immediate desire to fly to Bali or Phuket, but anything that gets you to an Asian airport where BKK is within easy (and cheap ..) striking distance works for me.

The new airline will expand its routes to involve flights between Melbourne and Brisbane and will include Strategic’s existing flights between Australia and Bali and Phuket, and eventually hopes to offer a service to Honolulu.

That's strange... according to their website they already offer flights to Honolulu. Flying them home from Phuket in March - will report back then. A LOT of the lads and laddettes at work have flown them in and out of Phuket and they all swear by them. Hope they last, there has been a few airlines going broke down here, but I think the growing lack of confidence in QANTAS will help and local airline.

I've seen a few Aussie women out on the town in various parts of Asia, but thankfully they havent been 'ladettes' at any of the venues I've been to. If anything, the girls I saw in KL looked a bit confused by the sheer number of women in Jungle Bar, until the penny dropped and they left in a hurry. One of Stick's readers posted this week that he has been in BKK for 6 months and still cant find a bar where he doesn't get approached by freelancers, including the hotel bars with cover charge etc - to date, I haven't heard of an Australian girl selling her wares in such a venue, but I wouldnt completely rule it out when funds start to run low.

Archived