Can't Sms From Sim Modem

gawguy

I've been using a ZTE SIM modem via DTAC. Results vary from day to day, but in general it's a great improvement on going to an internet shop. Speed is slow, but works okay for most things - no video of course.

I should be able to send an SMS directly from my computer using the ZTE software. I'm trying to check my DTAC balance remaining on SIM card without taking it out and sticking it in my mobile phone, which is what I've always done. Just got a new phone though and it doesn't open so easily.

From their Help Menu:

"3.5.4 SMS Settings

1.SMS center number: Set the corresponding SMS center number. You must

input the correct SMS center number to use the SMS properly and the number

will be provided by the network provider." The number the number that comes up in the software is: +66816110400

When I try to send to *101*9# or +66 *101*9#, I get a "failed" result every time.

Any ideas..experience..etc?

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

checking balance via *101*9# is NOT the same as sending a SMS. It's however the same as making a call :)

thus type in the number '*101*9#' and press the dial/send key & you should get the balance response in english?

cheers!

Okay Smart Aleck - You are correct sir. Everybody knows that! Just GG maybe didn't notice. Duhhhh...

Unfortunately there is no capability to do a phone call. Rather inconvenient that all top ups and balance checks require shutting down software, removing sim, put in phone, put back in computer etc.

Thanks for the response.

GG

Archived