Would You Kill Yourself Over This ?

gobbledonk

I'd like to think that I would have waited to see how things went with the cops:

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article/-/11668330/roebuck-spent-final-moments-in-utter-despair/

Regardless of what had transpired with the Zimbabwean man, I have to wonder if there was some blackmail going on here and Roebuck has told him to piss off. I guess we will know in the fullness of time. 55 years old, highly respected cricket commentator - I guess we all have our skeletons.

Seems a bit strange... one could almost wonder if he got a couple of old style South African coppers who missed the good old days where they got to throw someone out of a window at least once a week.

Hard to say, most of the gays I know of would have brazened it out and there's more than enough openly gay sportsmen around.

I'd say it was just a final straw thing, a series of failed relationships...

I know a former policeman from South Africa. He demonstrated to me one day the ways you can torture a suspect without leaving any marks.

Back in the 70s, Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen ran a notorious Police State right here in Oz, and I'm sure they got many of their tactics from the South Africans. The infamous 'phone-book beatings' were commonplace, but I think it was more sophisticated than that for major crimes - some of them probably did some of the early work in water-boarding, sleep deprivation and other delightful techniques. They only would have needed to play Justin Bieber for 4 hours straight and I would have confessed to the Kennedy assassination if it made them stop ....

Archived