Photos From Daily Life In Thailand

think_too_mut

There is no such thing as Soi Asoke, it is Thanon Asoke Montri.

Asoke Montri does not extend to Rama IV, South of Sukhumvit it reverts back to Thanon Ratchadaphisek

I dunno. Doing some translations up the street where JP Consulate used to be, they all call it Soi Asoke.

I swear I had a map from year 2000 that had that bit of the south side of Sukhumvit called Asoke.

And going from Rama IV, from Phrakhanong (where we lived) was 1 right turn and then straight up to Ratchadaphisek for 6-7km

That should be ok, we are not questioning the existence of the very sign photo of which I posted?

First time posted hard coded what everyone knows.

Edit:

Even Wikipedia calls it that way:

Soi Cowboy is a red-light district in Bangkok, Thailand. A short (400 meter long) street with some 40 bars, it is similar to Nana Plaza and Patpong and caters mainly to tourists and expatriates.[1]

It is located near Sukhumvit Road, between Sukhumvit Soi 21 (also called Soi Asoke) and Soi 23, within walking distance from the BTS Skytrain's Asok Station and the Bangkok Metro's Sukhumvit Station. The Grand Millennium Hotel is nearby.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the lowest unemployment in the world ? Q3 2009. when there were millions losing their jobs around the world:

360_employed01.jpg

Small wonder. I think someone in authority said in teh press that every Uni graduate has a job. If nothing else, then overstaffing booths like this (old Don Muang, Duty Free next to Burger King, paid 11 cokes to take a pic with the staff and still some sat in the back):

360_employed02.jpg

I've met quite a few taxi drivers with degrees from Ramkhamhaeng, one even with an MA. I rode with a rajabhat uni graduate the other day. He told me he could make as much driving a taxi as at the jobs he was offered, plus he could work what hours he wanted.

The constitution says one must have a degree to be an MP, which is hardly very democratic. When the constitution went into effect, all sorts of politicians were hastening off to "earn" a degree at some "university".

Just how would the unemployment rate in Thailand be recorded?

In Western countries they have the dole and job centres so it's all official but what happens here?

There's quite a few lads around the village living off their parents or doing a bit of seasonal casual (through choice mainly) but I couldn't imagine them being on anyone's list.

Just how would the unemployment rate in Thailand be recorded?

In Western countries they have the dole and job centres so it's all official but what happens here?

There's quite a few lads around the village living off their parents or doing a bit of seasonal casual (through choice mainly) but I couldn't imagine them being on anyone's list.

Generally : a person who has registered with job seeking authorities. I suspect Thai numbers would surge if there was a 2,000B handout for unemployed every month. Even 500B.

In Thai factories, basically anyone who comes to gate 8am has a job. Shortage of tens of thousands factory workers. That is how companies located their plants at and around Ayuthaya - where the workforce is. Rayong and vicinity had dried up.

Generally : a person who has registered with job seeking authorities. I suspect Thai numbers would surge if there was a 2,000B handout for unemployed every month. Even 500B.

In Thai factories, basically anyone who comes to gate 8am has a job. Shortage of tens of thousands factory workers. That is how companies located their plants at and around Ayuthaya - where the workforce is. Rayong and vicinity had dried up.

I don't know of any country where that wouldn't raise massive security concerns - it would also make me think twice about anything mechanical bearing the 'Made in Thailand' stamp. OK, so my Mazda 3 was made there, but anything from now on .... :clown:

I don't know of any country where that wouldn't raise massive security concerns - it would also make me think twice about anything mechanical bearing the 'Made in Thailand' stamp. OK, so my Mazda 3 was made there, but anything from now on .... :clown:

70% of worlds hard disk drives come from those inundated plants around Ayuthaya. It's a chaos on the market, due to Thai floods flash memory has become cheaper than disk drives.

Whole world keeps their most ctritical data on Thai made hard disks.

Also, my LandCruiser 100 in Sydney was made in Thai.

What is important from Thai unemployments stats for a Board like this is : there is no shortage of work that drives the girls into Nana or Cowboy.

Archived