Christmas Night…. Dinner

vinod

vinod--

I take friends or other people for a "very special night out" to the restaurant Sala Rimm Naam at the Oriental Hotel... It's actually across the river from the hotel complex and is set right along the river banks.. Service is flawless (this IS the Oriental after all) and the food is excellent. Pricing is a bit expensive (by Thai standards) but for a special event, it's worth it. IMHO.

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: Reservations highly advised.

PPS: They also feature an excellent Sunday brunch at Lord Jim's (in the main hotel complex, 2nd floor).

vinod--

Gladly,

Here's the description I pulled from the Oriental's own website..

On the opposite bank of the Chao Praya River from The Oriental, a richly decorated traditional Thai pavilion sets the stage for an appreciation of two of the Kingdom's most rewarding cultural experiences, Thai cuisine and classical Thai dance. Lavish Thai luncheon buffets and set-dinner feasts are served daily, while dance performances are staged nightly at 8.30 p.m.

Manager : Somnuk Nantachaibancha

Chef : Vichit Mukura

Dress Code : Smart Casual

Open daily:

Sala Rim Naam

Buffet Lunch : 12 noon - 2:00 p.m

Set Dinner (with : 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

show)

Terrace Rim Naam :

A la carte Dinner : 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Enquiries:

Please call extension 437-6211, 437-3080 or

extension 3344

The address to the hotel is:

48 Oriental Avenue,

Bangkok 10500, Thailand

Have a good time!

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: This year, 2001, the hotel celebrates their 125th anniversary!

Most all the larger hotels will be putting on Christmas dinner as well as a Christmas day meal. Most are Buffet style. Most cost around 600.-900. baht per person. I can recomend the J.W. Marriot hotel at Sukhumvit soi 2. They always do a nice job. Come hungry to get your moneyies worth. Christmas is a nice time to be here The weather is usually nice and there is a festive mood. Thai people do not celibrate Christmas, but they do celibrate New Year. MCJIMMYS

Archived