Hotel Info

sayjann

lately i have seen members asking about hotels and recomendatios from other members in places all over SEA.

i was just wondering about the best hotels members have ever stayed in and the worst?.

i know Phuket is not the choice of the majority of the members of a place to visit but i stayed in 2 great places.

Sansabai Bungalows was a great place to stay with individual bungalows with bedroom/bathroom/lounge and kitchen.

i stayed there on various occasions over a 4 year period from 2001 and charged around 600 per night.

5 minutes walk from the nightlife but not a sound was heard when back in the bungalow,i really liked it there.

sadly no longer there as the whole area has been redeveloped into a huge mall and boxing arena.

i will be staying at a new place i discovered in 2011 for the 3rd time on my next trip.

Lamai Inn on Rat-U-Thit Rd in Patong and i really like the place.

no more then 10 minutes walk(drunk or sober)from my regular haunts and all the shops/services i need within a minutes walk.

the hotel has a very good spa and great staff.

room is very large and facing the street and noisy,but that's not a problem for me.

king-size bed/shower and bath/40 inch plasma tv on the wall and a computer with printer/DVD player and CD player.

and on my next trip i will be paying 500bt per night.

free pick-up from the airport which is a bonus......

• 2 weeks later...

used to stay regularly for a couple of days in Patong; haven't been there for 3-4 years but am planning to go again

have been in several hotels, some close to the beach, but many got pretty expensive and introduced joiner fees; so would not recommend them to the typical board member anymore

prefer a hotel with a pool, a gym and in walking distance to the action; I do not mind to pay a bit more than 500 THB

used to stay regularly for a couple of days in Patong; haven't been there for 3-4 years but am planning to go again

have been in several hotels, some close to the beach, but many got pretty expensive and introduced joiner fees; so would not recommend them to the typical board member anymore

prefer a hotel with a pool, a gym and in walking distance to the action; I do not mind to pay a bit more than 500 THB

i understand your needs of what you want in a hotel but that sort of thing does not bother me.

as i say my latest fave hotel is clean,close to everything i need and has everything i need.

motorbike hire is 100bt per day and the hotel across the road has an agreement with mine for people staying at mine can use their pool for 100bt per 4 hours.

good price if you just want to have a lazy day,but the beach is even cheaper.

guest friendly and i KNOW some of the ladies cleaning the rooms are available for a quick turn during their shift.... :biggrin:

and the staff work until 5pm cleaning the rooms so no obligation to get up and leave the room for it to be cleaned.

all i want from a hotel is good staff,cleanliness,a bed,toilet and shower and i'm happy with 500bt a night for all i need.

i don't spend much time in the room so i cannot see the point of paying 3x the nightly amount for the same services.

but it's probably me being silly or a cheap charlie.

that's why hotel recommendations are usually not really reliable

agreed.

i used to see mnay stories about the Nana Hotel and most were not complimentary but i had no real issues with the place when i stayed there in 2005.

staff were fine,room was clean,good location and no lack of available totty.

the first hotel i stayed in during 2000 was part of a package holiday and then the joiner fee was 600bt and i thought this was a normal thing in all hotels,but i soon learned many hotels had no charge for an overnight guest.

in 2020 the same hotel was charging 2000bt for a guest coming back with you.......... :yikes:

and now back to Phuket/Patong: where to stay?

many websites advertising the hotel on phuket.

i used to use agoda but once i find a hotel i like i tend to deal with them direct if i stay there again.

but we expect different things for our money so i would never dream of recommending the places i stay in.

in agoda, all hotels are great! not very useful!

well that's their job,to sell the hotels and how good they are.

but i've never had a problem with any hotels i've booked through them and sometimes they do forget small details which i have discovered and to my surprise they have details missed out have been a plus for me.

but i like reading the customer reviews of a hotel i know or it's location and how different some people write about things.

i like where i stay in a minutes walk i have all i need-cashpoint,convenience store,motorbike hire,pampering services,tour booths,and at least 5 massage service places.

Archived