World's Oldest Ever

elef

Today I had a discussion about health and how long time you live.

"Jeanne Louise Calment; 21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997)[1] was a French supercentenarian who had the longest confirmed human life span in history, living to the age of 122 years, 164 days."

She is famous for this:

"In 1965, aged 90 years and with no heirs, Calment signed a deal to sell her former apartment to lawyer André-François Raffray, on a contingency contract. Raffray, then aged 47 years, agreed to pay her a monthly sum of 2,500 francs until she died. Raffray ended up paying Calment the equivalent of more than $180,000, which was more than double the apartment's value. After Raffray's death from cancer at the age of 77, in 1995, his widow continued the payments until Calment's death. During all these years, Calment used to say to them that she "competed with Methuselah"."

She also had the right to stay in the apartment until she died. Note that the french version says maison meaning normally house, but maybe home here.

Health

She stopped smoking at the age of 117 and was drinking red wine every day.

"Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram of chocolate every week."

"Elle mettait toujours de l'ail dans les viandes et poissons."

Quotes from wikipedia.

Today I had a discussion about health and how long time you live.

"Jeanne Louise Calment; 21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997)[1] was a French supercentenarian who had the longest confirmed human life span in history, living to the age of 122 years, 164 days.

Health

She stopped smoking at the age of 117 and was drinking red wine every day.

"Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram of chocolate every week."

"Elle mettait toujours de l'ail dans les viandes et poissons."

i applaud her... :worship:

i have'nt given up any of my vices as why should i stop having fun?.

you gotta go someday and anyone of us could just die tomorrow after never drank/smoked/had what is suppossed to be the perfect diet.

when your time is up then it's up.

enjoy yourself in the meantime,after all she enjoyed a smoke and drink for what i presume was the majority of her life?.

a friend of mine recently died in Hungary aged 98 and she smoked up until her death and enjoyed quite a few glasses of red wine each day.

her attitude was that had got that far and a few more cigarettes and glasses of wine each day would'nt make that much of a difference.

a wonderful lady in life.

Must be the garlic, I doubt the smokes and choccies would be life extending.

A little red plonk can be beneficial though.

I'm taking a glass of local Shiraz everyday while I'm in Australia...for it's health benefits. :cool:

Don't forget the olive oil and the garlic - I didn't translate that french sentence but sayjann understood. Actually there're reports that chocolate (I guess 70-85 % and almost no sugar) is good for your health.

Archived