David Cameron Vs. Edward Milliband

dave32

So I'm watching a C-span interview with Blaine Harden over his book "Escape from Camp 14" about the only person in the world known to have been born inside one of the North Korean concentration camps and escaped. Horrible stuff. The subject matter that is, not the book, which I'm going to pick up.

After it finished, roughly an hour ago, I'm about to go grab some food. While I'm tying my shoes I see that C-span cuts over to the British House of Commons to show David Cameron answering questions. Now, if you ever watched the US House on C-span you know it's horribly dull and depressing. It'll put you to sleep faster than a glass of Jack Daniels with a few Ambien.

Yeah, so, anyway... I'm about to leave and the telly is running in the background. And this guy Edward Milliband stands up and these guys (Milliband and Cameron) really lay into each other. Hard. It was one of the most intense and intelligent political sparring matches I've ever seen. People are yelling in the background and standing up and sitting down. Some guy that looks like a judge keeps telling everyone to calm down so Cameron can talk back. I just sat there and watched the whole thing. Learned a little about the recession in Britain and corruption in their Department for Culture. I must admit I was surprised by this kind of inspired, intelligent, impassioned, and painfully blunt dialog.

Is it like that all the time? We need to send our guys over to the UK for a little school.

The UK Parliament is fun to watch. So can the Canuck Parliament be. America's Congressmen (of both genders) are by and largely boring, no life cretins. My own current Congressman in the US would lose a debate with a chipmunk, absolutely a disgrace to the district. :(

Guest lazyphil

The UK Parliament is fun to watch. So can the Canuck Parliament be. America's Congressmen (of both genders) are by and largely boring, no life cretins. My own current Congressman in the US would lose a debate with a chipmunk, absolutely a disgrace to the district. :(

that realy did make me 'lol'

Guest lazyphil

So I'm watching a C-span interview with Blaine Harden over his book "Escape from Camp 14" about the only person in the world known to have been born inside one of the North Korean concentration camps and escaped. Horrible stuff. The subject matter that is, not the book, which I'm going to pick up.

After it finished, roughly an hour ago, I'm about to go grab some food. While I'm tying my shoes I see that C-span cuts over to the British House of Commons to show David Cameron answering questions. Now, if you ever watched the US House on C-span you know it's horribly dull and depressing. It'll put you to sleep faster than a glass of Jack Daniels with a few Ambien.

Yeah, so, anyway... I'm about to leave and the telly is running in the background. And this guy Edward Milliband stands up and these guys (Milliband and Cameron) really lay into each other. Hard. It was one of the most intense and intelligent political sparring matches I've ever seen. People are yelling in the background and standing up and sitting down. Some guy that looks like a judge keeps telling everyone to calm down so Cameron can talk back. I just sat there and watched the whole thing. Learned a little about the recession in Britain and corruption in their Department for Culture. I must admit I was surprised by this kind of inspired, intelligent, impassioned, and painfully blunt dialog.

Is it like that all the time? We need to send our guys over to the UK for a little school.

its fun to watch. dennis skinner is a pure predator in the commons, look him up. a true legend

Archived