What does "ma" mean?

I'm not the one to be answering this, but this is what I do know. Maa with a rising tone means dog. The worst thing you can call a Thai person is something equated with an animal, so be very careful with this word. It can mean many different things, depending on how it is pronounced. Much like 'mai'. Sorry I can't help more, but thought you deserved some sort of answer, right or wrong. Hang in there. Your answer will come. We may be slow, but we are efficient. smile.gif

It is impossible to say what this means based on a (probably inaccurate) Romanization, taken out of context. It could mean any one of dozens of things, or nothing at all.

To jump to the conclusion that "ma" means "dog" in this instance would be reckless, at best.

in the context of Chop ma tam?

Chop (baep) ma tam= I like doggie style (?)

If you were in bed when this was said could roughly translate to "I like how dog do it" Chop=like, ma=dog(?), tam=to do(?).

PvtDick is correct, could mean many things.

I know what "ma" the noun means, in this tense it would be used as an adverb with a mid tone. Chop means "like" and tam means "do" and it was not said by a bargirl so it is not "I like doggy style". I heard it in a song, by a popular thai singer.

Lyrics in a song, probable translations Chop=like, ma=come, tam=to ask, follow, do (depends on how it is pronounced).

Can you provide any more of the lyrics?

Archived