HELP URGENT - Need new ISP HOST- Reliable & Cheap

CosmicSurfer

F***ken ISPs...

My ISP SUDDENLY, today, without ANY notice has gotten out of the Hosting business and now my domain is down... all my Email is bouncing and my website is closed.

I need a new HOST quick... reliable and cheap... I'm on a tight budget these days.

Most important is Hosting for my Email ... "Mail Mapping" is absolutely required. Web space can be added later.

Reliability is paramount. I hate moving around.

ISP can be in Thailand/Asia or N. America.

I need to get my Email back quick... Besides my GF's and Business stuff, I'll just feel awful about all that spam that will be bouncing aimlessly around the net. :-)

I'll be changing my Email address in my Member profile to The_CosmicSurfer@Yahoo.com until I get this settled.

Thanks,

CS

>I'll just feel awful about all that spam that will be bouncing aimlessly around the net. :-) <

LOL, Im getting much more than 2 meg of spam per day now.. sometimes 500K+ spam per hour..

this morning 26 emails w/ 2 to me + 12 in my bulk email folder..

4 112K mails from the same spamer!

I tried to stop the spam by clicking the "remove links on the spam" & all that did was confirm my address & increased spam!

sell all spamers into sexual salervy in Cambodia.. to an establishemnt that specializes in facials!

db...

Thanks, but notifing people wasn't the issue... Besides, as I can't get my own computer hooked into the network where I am, I'm stuck using HotMail and Yahoo mail, so No Eudora for the time being.

Anyway, thanks to all the suggestions from all... I've just signed up with Pair Networks... www.pair.com

$6.95 a month for a basic FTP account with "Mail Mapping" on their mailboxes. But most of all they are RELIABLE... been in business since 1996 and have some VERY reassuring statements on their site about not selling-out to the highest bidder and their commitment to customer support.

Plus they are profitable. Exactly what I need... an ISP that won't close down and disappear overnite... like my last one just did.

Now all I have to do is wait for the account to be set up, NetworkSolutions to do my domain transfer and then for it to propogate thru the DNS servers around the net... Maybe by Monday I'll get back my Email address... If I'm lucky.

Fingers Crossed

CS

Yeah, pair.com. I'll second that as good choice. Very good reasoning and I know someone who used them for years and speaks really highly of them.

Archived