Career training programs in LOS

I'm part of, or going to be part of, the "tech wreck". I know my IT position won't last and frankly I'm a bit sick of it.

With this in mind I'm seeking alternative career options that have good job prospects, reasonable pay, and a bit of flexiblity (like IT used to be!).

Any reasonable suggestions are welcome, but I've hit upon the idea of something in the Medical field. Radiology tech, CT scan tech or something along those lines. A guy I know does this as a side job and says he can work whenever and wherever he wants and the money is very good.

The training is however usually expensive in the US. My question is does anyone know of schools(university, training centers, whatever) in Thailand where you might get this kind of training (or training in some other lucrative field, I'm not particular) where the tuition won't wipe you out? And the instruction is in English? I know tuition for many programs in LOS are quite inexpensive by western standards.

I also know that responses to this will be that certification and training standards are not the same in LOS as in the west. But if the cost of tuition is not that great and there is some relevant information to be gained then it's still worth it for me.

I know for example Rangsit University(and many other Universities) has some courses in English, but how often do non-20 year old students enroll in these. I'm thinking of an equivalent to an adult education program.

Thanks in advance

Dont know of any training that you are looking for but i have long thought this might be a succesful business for someone. Especially in the i.t. field. The problems in the computer/it job market are only temporary, there will always be a demand for people who really know their stuff because technology is here to stay. And what better place to take a month or two sabatical for training than los? But to my knowledge there isnt much available for the english speaking falang. Lots of english teaching "schools" though.

Archived