I Really Need To See A Lot More Of Bkk Next Time ...

gobbledonk

Ventured out past On Nut once (!) with Ms CP - serious business of getting her fortune told by a professional (yeah ..) - and swore I wouldnt be stuck in that traffic again. Still, its an interesting part of town - more 'real' Thailand than the rest of Suk, at least from what I saw. Thais had no particular interest in relieving me of the contents of my wallet - Ms Fortune Teller notwithstanding - and anyone who did bother to smile when I ventured into the hairdressing supplies place (dont ask) seemed genuine : a welcome change from the usual tribe of sycophants on Suk Soi 22.

Along with the Pantip at Chiang Mai (dont ask), the wilds (!) of On Nut are high on my list in 2014. I need to get out way more often.

Hi Cavanami. The four car trains were put on the other line because of technical reasons. They use different software which was not compatible with the one used on the existing sets. So they changed the stuff on the other line. The 4th cars have been delivered and are currently being put on the 3 car train sets and the first few 4 car sets are already on the line.

All of this info and more about infra can be read on 2bangkok.com forum. I have been following that for years and they publish every fart with regards to BKK mass transit decisions on there. Very informative site!

As to Gobbledonk and not getting out there. You can always book me for a tour of Bangkok and I will show you the city ;p ..... not now though as I have high fever and a bad cold (but still need to play on Sanam Luang tonight).

W

theoretically 2bangkok.com is another forum about Thailand and thus "competition". I posted a 2bangkok link on thaivisa once and I got a stern warning in private from a moderator that it is a bannable offence to post links to other fora about Thailand. Now I know KS very well and I do not expect him to gove that reaction but I just wanted to be on the safe side.

Archived