Michael Yon On Facebook - This Is Wrong.

Flashermac

Abhisit charged with Murder: This is Wrong

This man is not a wild-eyed murder. I saw the combat first hand, and the Thai Army and Police operated with honor, from everything I saw. The Thai authorities operated with great restraint. If not, thousands would have died. Many of the casualties were not caused by the Army. That is a fact.

Anyone who has read my work for a few years knows that I will not hesitate to say if it were otherwise. I was there with my camera, and if the Thai Army were doing something wrong, I and about a thousand other people would have been lining up for our Pulitzer photos.

This is political. I took one trip with Prime Minister Abhisit a couple of years ago. Nothing about him or his people was evil. Some of my close friends are red shirts, so they might get angry that I am writing this, but let's be truthful; Abhisit did very well in a terrible crisis.

Truth really is important. Some people hate Abhisit, but truth remains important. PM Abhisit was not a murderer.

I respect his courage and intelligence. Now my red shirt friends will be angry tomorrow, but at least I told the truth.

Long Live the Kingdom of Thailand!

Archived