One More Xmas To Endure In Oz .....

gobbledonk

I know - we should be thankful for good health etc, but I don't think I have ever enjoyed Xmas Day. Just came from lunch with my sister and her hubby, wherein she filled in another piece of the family puzzle with a delightful anecdote about one of my relatives (he did his level best to get day leave for mum's funeral - nothing like a screw at a funeral to really set the tone). As gene pools go, I'm increasingly inclined to see mine as a petri dish filled with some very primitive enzymes - about the only upside is that there are hundreds just like us in this godforsaken corner of Oz. Its one thing to be 'descended from convicts' - that is a badge of honor - entirely another to want to carry on the tradition. Our Irish ancestors would be rolling in their pauper graves.

When I get to LOS, I plan to work very hard on speaking with a Kiwi accent and telling people I'm from Norfolk Island. Given the number of severely deluded BS artists already resident in BKK, I dont anticipate any problems passing myself off as someone else - hell, I might as well start telling people I am a retired architect.

Anyway, roll on New Years, 2014 - the rest is just filling in days till the clock catches up to my dreams. I hope the rest of you enjoy the season more than I do.

Archived