Visa Agencies

I know this has been asked before but given the fluidity of the market I would be happier with an up to date answer.

What is the current cost of a visa agents 90day Non Imm B ( as a starting point for the 1yr working visa ) & who is currently reliable ?

The school have suddenly said they will not let us work unless we have a proper visa & I dont really want to do a visa run now unless it can be helped - another teacher is in the same boat. She has been quoted 8500B but cant remember the name of the agent.

Thanks

My advice: Steer clear! Too many have ended up with fake visas from "reputable" agencies, only to be popped when trying to exit LOS or otherwise deal with officialdom.

OK, you have successfully scared me off ( the other teacher is still going ahead with the agency).

Which means I will be doing a Visa run soon to get my Non Imm B. Anyone else going in the next couple of weeks and want some company ?

The school has said I need - the letter from them saying I will be their employee and photocopies of my passport, cv and degree and thats it. Is that right ?

Cheers

How could you get tripped later, sure dont go to a visa agency if your a very nervous person jumping at your own shadow, for a normal person I dont know what the fuss is about.

I think you could be talking up the risk DB. It would be interesting to here from all those out there who have used such services and been quite happy, not the "midnight express scenario thats being banded about.

STH

As I've mentioned before, there have been quite a few occasions where the agency put in a FAKE VISA and told the passport owner it was real. Then, when that person finally did try to leave Thailand for real, Immigration saw that it was a FAKE FUCKING VISA in the passport, or worse, SEVERAL FAKE FUCKING VISAS in the passport, and then suddenly there are questions to be answered. This appears in the news periodically, and you'll NEVER be sure if yours is fake or real until you get through Immigration when you do leave the country.

There have also been visa firms that have been raided, and all of the passports in their possession got confiscated and their owners tracked down, whereupon the passport owners were invited to Immigration for a little chat.

These two visa-agency threads feel like the drug issue. Do we really need to be advising people how to obtain illegal visas on this board?

Archived