Diary Of A Mad Prai

Flashermac

by Voranai Vanijaka

For every single person you put onto the streets, we can put ten. Every time that you march in the streets, we can shake the concrete pavement with our rubber sandals tenfold. We will hound you. We will intimidate you. We will push, shove and knock you down. You people wearing masks like little kids. You think you are legion? No, we are legion.

You call us thugs? Terrorists? Arsonists? What about you? You who kept us down in the dirt under your Bally shoes? You make hails of bullets and threats of tanks. You who ruled us as subjugated people and mean to keep us in servitude.

I’m no hypocrite. Let the spin doctors spin fanciful tales about democracy, equality and human rights. This, for me, is about one thing only, satisfaction. Satisfaction, that most pleasurable human emotion. It’s payback time.

You speak of a tyranny of the majority? Have you so conveniently forgotten the tyranny of the minority? You have had decades. We just got here. You may deny knowledge of history, but I don’t need to be taught by books in schools. I live it, as had my father and his father before him.

Have you forgotten our protests in the 1970s? When farmers joined with students and urban people to march against your tyranny? You, generals and ammarts, what did you do? Who’s responsible for the murder of 21 members and leaders of the farmers? Who massacred the people at the university? I tell you, the tyranny of the minority.

In 2009 and 2010 you cracked down on us and murdered us. All we did was create chaos and anarchy, destroying property and trampling on the rule of the law and the rights of others. You vile, rotten, fascist ammart! Don’t you understand that when we yell "democracy", it excuses everything!

And now you whine and cry about the tyranny of the majority? Karma, it catches up withus all, doesn’t it? Ammart and prai, alike. You think this is over? It’s far from over.

Our father will return. He will return and ignite a revolution of the proletariat. Our father. His portrait hangs in our homes. We wai and pray and ask for blessings. Our father will provide. We will prevail. You just wait. It’s far from over.

Blessed is he who, in the name of democracy and human rights, shepherds the prai through the rice paddy of darkness, for he is truly his prai's keeper and the finder of hidden assets. And we will strike down the ammart with gallons of blood and oil, those who attempt to seize the assets of our father. And you will know our name is the prai when we lay our vengeance upon you!

Let me clue you in on a little secret. There was a time when you ammart would tell us who to vote for. Then things got a little bit complicated, so you sent sacks of money to buy our votes. But today, oh today is different. Today we gather our legions to the banners of our father’s underbosses. Then we ask them. What can we do? What do you want us to do to put you into government? How’s that for a lesson in democracy? That’s right. We participate.

I’m no hypocrite. Let the spin doctors spin to please the farangs and their ‘’white man’s burden’’ conscience. This is democracy only if and when it suits us. Just as 40 years ago, when democracy didn’t suit us we turned to communism – whatever it takes to bring you down.

Just like when democracy doesn’t suit you, you turn to tanks, coups and autocracy. We aren’t that much different, are we? Oh wait I forgot. The difference is, we are winning and you are hiding underneath silly little masks.

This is no longer your land. This is the rise of the land of the reds. See the signs and banners in our villages and towns. See the portraits of he who we worship inside our homes. Even the chief of the metropolitan police has got one. Those who live in our towns and villages but are not with us, they know their places. They know to keep their heads down and their mouths shut. Soon, you will too.

What? You are going to whine about this too? You who have kept our heads down and shut our mouths up for decades? Don’t be hypocrites. Karma, neither tanks nor judges can save you from it.

Yes, we deserve handouts and subsidies. Why? Because you have already corrupted so much from the country. Yes, we should be exempt from income taxes and given freebies? Why? Because you already have been cheating the country for decades.

What? No, no, I’m not talking my beloved father. Don’t try to confuse me! You fascist pro-coup buffalo! Bank account for bank account, you rich ammart cannot match our new masters! Just you wait. You long for the good old days? Well, we are building a brand new day. The day of reckoning is coming.

Remember, remember! The nineteenth of September. The tank treason and plot; I know of no reason why the ammart treason should ever be forgotten! You have kept us down with autocracy. We will brush you aside with democracy.

We are no longer anonymous. See us. Hear us. We don’t forgive. We don’t forget. We want satisfaction. You people wearing silly masks like little kids. You think you are legion? No, we are legion!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/362520/diary-of-a-mad-prai

Archived