It's Not Just Farang In Pattaya Highrises ...

gobbledonk

I knew an American lawyer in Bangkok who apparently did himself in one day. No idea why, since I'd talked to him a week or two before and he seemed all right. No problems about money or women that I knew of. Last time I saw him, he was talking about going back to California to work again, so he could build up more money for Social Security when he retired. Allegedly, he took off his clothes, ran through his apartment ... and did a swan dive off of the balcony. I saw a photo of his body on the front page of the Thai papers. :surprised:

OK - that does sound dodgy - but you never really know what's going on in someone's mind. That said, would it have made it easier if he told you he was contemplating suicide ? That wouldn't sit well with me personally.

Nude men and other oddities aside, some folks simply don't want to be here. The one that haunts me isnt someone I knew - its the guy who threw himself off one of the upper floors at Swampy to land on the concourse below. Mad bastard could easily have taken someone else with him.

I wouldn't have expected him to tell me, but he did not seem in the least depressed or anything. It just came out of the blue ... literally.

When I was a teen, there was a bunghole who decided to end it all by speeding his car straight into another one going the opposite direction. The bastard took an entire family with him - husband, wife and 2 kids. :cussing:

Archived