Somewhere Between Here And Puberty ...

gobbledonk

I predict that this kid will lose interest, but if she doesnt ....

Sure - the trainer is making her sound more 'ferocious' than she is, but from small acorns, much bigger trees may eventually grow.

Nakamoto is a freak - I normally find the female fights boring as hell, but she brings it. All the usual tough childhood stuff that seems to make great fighters, but is that really the life most of us would want for our kids ?

The little kid has very fast hand speed and it looks like most of the punches are accurate. I would like to see an opponent in the ring, it's easier to look good punching a ball or pads than landing punches on someone who is intent on punching back.

Flasher, you forgot the part about them having to retire at that age because their bodies cant take any more punishment. Kids watch it on TV and think these guys are supermen - in some respects, they are - but I shudder to think what they would be like at 50, assuming they can even make a living when their fighting career is over. If anything, the flood of Farang wanting to learn MT must seem like a Godsend to many retired fighters. MMA seems to have taken the spotlight away from MT in the US - both are brutal sports, but I get bored watching two guys on the ground trying to remember what their Ju-Jitsu coach taught them before they are choked out or have their heads pounded into the mat.

For something different, this was a somewhat odd fight - no gloves and it seems they were using the 'no hand strikes to the face' Kyokushin karate rules. The late Andy Hug routinely hammered opponents with his height and reach, but this Thai was clearly on tough mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpkUOOAqpw

Somehow i dont think our little girl ever wants to find herself in a fight like that.

Archived