thai construction engineer

sinsin2

This is not easy unless you offer BIG money. There are specific construction enginering companies, there is one on Rama 9 if you come from shrinakarin and drive to ding deang on the left side before the first traffic light. But for a construction of a house this can cost you and arm and a leg.

I've build my house last year and to say it nicely, it was an 'interesting' experience. 3 companies, the first two which we kicked out, the last one who finished it. But still, after one month we found out why the waste water in the shower was slowly running out: The pipe just stopped outside the foundation.

Lessons learned: Try to find someone who can make technical drawings and has some experience in the Thai way of building. Drawings are 'language-independant' and it surely worked for me. (I made them myself as i designed my house myself) I could at that time not speak 10 words with the foreman, but communicated exclusively through drawings.

Have the address for you of my third builder, who did a good job for humble money (except the shower drain)

Have another falang friend now building a house in BKK; same story; if your relationship survives a building adventure in Thailand you'll be together for the rest of your life!

Important is to adjust your design to the Thai way of building; this will save you a lot of money and problems. (I did not, lessons learned)

Archived