Don't come home too soon ...

Long Gun

OK, so we haven't got Scotland to take the piss out of this World Cup (despite having one of the best football songs ever!) but after England's plucky draw against the Mighty South Koreans, I think I will be adjusting my World Cup pics in DBs competition!! Sinclair, in line to replace Dyer, was repeatedly described as 'awful'!!

Come on Ireland!

LG

"Here comes the good times".The Irish worldcup song is predicting a good world cup,but if the Cameroons throw a spanner in the works that Scottish world cup song might be more appropriate.At least we've got Keano to rattle a few German egos.

Come on ye boys in green!

Hey, don't forget Killa, Macca and Niall and his disco pants! As Killa said somewhere this morning, you do need to keep an eye on Mboma. He looked poor for Sunderland other than in inspired flashes but he was getting terrible service and support.

Anyway, I think Ireland's chances of getting through the 1st phase are better than England's - which is why I'll be supporting them of course.

LG, glory hunter

Soccernet is reprting that Keane is on the point of quitting the Irish team and heading home. Yet another temper tantrum.

I watched the France - Belgium game this morning. Certainly different circumstances to England - Korea but both teams looked superior to England,

While watching the England game the other night on UBC i was reminded that it is always interesting to stay tuned during the half time

Once the local commentators have shown the highlights (about 10 secs the other night) they go back to the live feed.

The microphones stay on as the English commnetators wait to go back on air. This time Ray Wilkins and Martin Tyler were discussing the 'cheap bastards' in Korea and Japan charging 30 pounds a ticket 'a lot of wedge that is' and was the reason that the games were not sold out. Wilkins also nominated Argentina as likely overall winners.

This interlude is often more entertaining than the actual game commentary. They will discuss where they will be going for a beer or you will here them lambast the production staff or each other for screwing up their commentary during the first half

Roy Keane has been sent home in the last 3 or 4 hours.With him go any chance of Ireland making progress in the world cup.Now retired from international football.The loss of the most comitted footballer in british football ranks up there with "god" leaving the 'pool for leeds.

Archived