Red Shirts And Selfies -- Some Observations

Flashermac

Michael Yon

These observations mean little as stand alone information, but are interesting snacks. A trusted source spent about six hours with the Red Shirt crowds in Bangkok this week. During that entire time, the source witnessed on about 10-20 people taking selfies. This is an interesting difference because during six hours with PDRC you might witness hundreds of people taking selfies or posing for photographs. Source also said that Red Shirts were not glued to iPhones or other smart phones, saying "only about 1%" were doing so. My source interpreted this by saying that many of the Red Shirts are isolated from outside information, saying most villages have their own small radio stations that play every evening, and so information flow is stagnant and controlled not through law but by reality.

My personal observation is that Red Shirts also do not proudly wave the Thai flag. PDRC and allies talk about reform and health of the entire country, while the Red Shirt side typically is focused on "me," as in Do not ask what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you. There may be a knee-jerk reaction that saying such as thing is taking sides, but it is a reality.

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage/posts/10152059561230665

Archived