Government To Go Broke In First-Car Tax Refund

waerth

Thailand continues to lag 50+ years behind the rest of the developed countries!

In the USA, we have "Drivers' Education" where it is required that while you are in high school (15 ~ 17 years old)

you learn how to driver an automobile.

Most developed countries enforce the traffic laws! and revoke your license if need be....never in Thailand...run over

police, kill them, crash in to other cars...no law enforcement! so of course, the Thais do not know how to drive, they

have never been properly taught...

I taught one year of high school in the States eons ago, and as the new guy I got stuck with driver's ed. What they actually study are the traffic laws, stopping distances, how an internal combustion engine works etc. It is mandatory in California.

However, driver's training is an optional course that actually involves driving a car. Students had to sign up for study hall so they would have a period free, and then they took it in groups of 4. The school used a car adapted so the instructor could lift the fuel pedal to slow down a loony driver and even apply the brakes if necessary. The suicidal teachers who agreed to teach it got paid a extra, but not really enough. I remember when one girl rolled a car down an embankment, and another who ran the car into the side of a house at a T-junction.

LOS has neither. :p

Archived