Bombs In Lumpini Blamed On Pdrc -- Not So Fast

Flashermac

Michael Yon:

Several days ago, PDRC marched out of a months long occupation of Lumpini Park. Easily a million people have come and gone from that park during that long stay, and probably tens of thousands lived in tents and makeshift shelters. They came from many provinces, and I walked through the camp many times.

There was little or no control over materials that made it into "Lumpini Village." Even the fence surrounding the park has bars so far apart that a person could pass large folded tables through the bars.

Yesterday, a guard would not let us into the park. So a friend and I began to walk the perimeter searching for a weakness to slip in, when we found that someone had broken through the fence.

The break in the fence was coincidentally and conveniently at a blind spot by a green corrugated metal wall. My friend and I slipped into Lumpini Park through this gap.

Oddly, not far from this gap, we found a vest and metal weapons. They were conveniently laid out, as if for a press conference. Had someone come through that gap to place these? (At this point, we did not know about the bomb dramas ahead. Both of us thought the layout was strange.)

Soon, the police announced that they found bombs in the park, which splashed news all across Thailand and continues this evening. Today when we went to the park, Soldiers and Police were searching for more explosives, which prevented PDRC from cleaning the park.

Something is fishy at Lumpini.

Firstly, why would PDRC bring bombs inside their own camp? PDRC has not been implicated in any violence for six months other than scattered instances with the guards, and fights with one German reporter who is reputed to pick fights for splashy news stories. PDRC is by any measure a peaceful organization whose leadership insists upon non-violence.

It makes no sense for PRDC to bring explosives into its own camp. In fact, it would be dumb. Dumber still would be to leave the bombs behind.

It is possible that an enemy infiltrated the camp with explosives to attack PDRC. Everyone has suspected such might occur. After all, the UDD Red Shirts commonly use bombs and grenades, and they brag about it.

It is also possible that someone breached the section of fence we crawled through in order to conveniently lay out those weapons and place bombs to frame PDRC, and to prevent PDRC from cleaning the park on time.

Something is mighty fishy at Lumpini.

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage

Archived