Takky's Terms

Flashermac

"I consider it basically a struggle between new money and old money. But Thaksin was so blatant about it that it angered many people by his open greed".

IMHO that is the situation end of story

The very few good friends I have in the upper end of Thai society have all been introduced to me through one extremely substantial quality person I have been very close to for 20 years. (One gets vetted for many years :) They are all mostly old Chinese money with links to HM and your synopsis is what I have heard for years.Very simple really.

So tell us what you want... the old money feudally lording over the peasants again, or a more egalitarian Thai society?

I think the time is ripe for a 3rd party to arise, promising and delivering to city and country folks alike for the good of Thailand. May only make small inroads first time around, but empowered voters will gradually sit up and take notice... and maybe the other parties currently at each other’s throats will too.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is not what I personally want.

But good luck with that idea-It actually needs to be done all over the world especially in the USA.

The current structure is embedded within many societies and there exists worldwide unrest as a result..

TIT

Abhisit had a rice purchase programme that actually helped the farmers, not the mill owners (and politicians). Mark also made the 30 baht medical programme completely free for low income folks. It was populism that worked. But he didn't grandstand it the way Thaksin did. Takky is a master con man.

Archived