Is Someone Rewriting History

Did the moon landing happen 45 years ago, well it must have as it was seen by millions at the time on black and white TV. But did it happen this way, many are convinced the astronauts just went round the earth and didn't go anywhere the rest being filmed on earth.

Were the Americans really taken by surprise by the Japanese navy with the attack on Pearl harbour in 1941, and their military intelligence knew nothing beforehand and unable to warn anyone.

Sure 911 happened the planes went into the twin towers, everyone saw it happen before their eyes, and the towers implode on themselves and collapse, but was it the planes that caused the towers to collapse.

Did flight 77 crash into the Pentagon, TV showed the devastation and damage to the building, but not one piece of wreckage of the plane was ever found

We are told that the Malaysian airline driven by a crazed pilot flew flight 370 for 7 hours and crashed somewhere into the Indian ocean.

Really has all this is happened in the way we know it, well it must be history now says it happened this way.

Did the moon landing happen 45 years ago, well it must have as it was seen by millions at the time on black and white TV. But did it happen this way, many are convinced the astronauts just went round the earth and didn't go anywhere the rest being filmed on earth.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

http://greekgeek.squidoo.com/apollo-moon-landing-photos-from-space

For many years, whenever Jerry Pournelle, the writer, talked about the Apollo-Saturn stack that Johnson Space Center turned into a lawn ornament, he would get incredibly bitter.

I never understood why.

Until he explained, late one night.

That stack is not a test item, or a mockup. It was a fully-flight qualified stack. It was built to fly Apollo 19, one of the two flights NASA cancelled, basically because the TV ratings weren't good enough.

Jerry was director of mission planning for Apollo 19. That was HIS bird. I don't think he's ever really recovered from that loss.

You might get a lot of other people to lie about something that big, about claiming to have landed on the moon, if the stakes are high enough, but Jerry is not one of those people. Not for any amount of money. Or for anything else.

Full Disclosure: I've known Jerry for years.

As for some of the other claims: Recall that we had live TV footage, from the lunar surface, on ALL of the moon landings. Watch some of the footage of the astronauts jumping around, in their suits. The special effects state of the art in 1969-1971 was nowhere near good enough to fake that.

For some things, it STILL isn't.

When you're my age, or thereabouts, you grew up seeing live TV from orbit. You learned, very quickly, what free fall ("weightlessness") looked like. You figured out, very quickly, that it DIDN'T look like anything in the movies. When the movie "Apollo 13" came out, I saw it. When they got to the scene right after they'd made orbit, and the astronauts took off their helmets and gloves, I almost jumped right out of my seat AND MY SKIN, trying not to scream "HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!?!?!" Later in the movie, you see them sailing down the tunnel between the Lunar Module and the Command module.

It wasn't until the credit roll, and I saw the line for the KC-135 crew, that I understood.

That WAS real free fall. Ron Howard built his sets inside NASA's "Vomit Comet" KC-135 free fall training airplane. Tom Hanks and the other two whose names escape me logged more time in free fall than real astronauts do in training before they fly into space for real. Not to mention the cameramen and other crew, who you don't see.

• Like 1

Publish some theory on the internet, mix truths up with lies, and half the world beliefs your lie instead of the truth.

Sometimes I wonder if the internet was really a progression or is a "morons of the world unite" gathering place.