Thais have a Stereotype Image of Indians

Was on the chatline with a couple of Thai gals ... they have this stereotype of Indians being smelly and have no intentions of having anything to do with them.

This prejudice shows how narrow minded some bloody Thais are ...

Any comments?

Indians.... lower than snakes.

According to Thai's anyway.

I think it was ex prime minister Banharn who quoted the famous Thai proverb that if you see an Indian and a snake in the jungle you should kill the Indian first.

Anyway, who cares about being bloody politically correct?

My Thai co-workers have a joke about Indians. If you are walking along and come across a cobra and and Indian, which do you kill first? The answer: The Indian.

Indians have long held a bad reputation in Thailand, Thai's have a natural prejudice against them for a number of reasons. The KAK's as they derisively call them, pool their money, buy businesses, undercut the Thai's and take jobs/income,( Fantastic Tailors and cloithiers and good businessmen).

I recall a few in the moneylending business, Thai's hated them, called them cheats even though I was given to understand they lent at a cheaper rate than the Chinese.

Second, Thai's used to have a caste system, a system that looks down on anyone with dark skin. Indians tend to be darker sooo......

My former Thai Gf used to refer to them as having "Snake eyes and black heart"

Go Figure

Dentface

Yes, I can't stand those contemptible Indians either but I don't mind eating those lovely snacks they provide me when I am having a beer in the LOS. It is one of my favorite things to eat in Thailand, actually. I love those peanuts and peas, mixed with rice, and topped with the veggies. Mmmm aaaAAARROOY! The negative attitude towards those beasts to the west is not nice but unsurprising. All countries seem to have particular groups they enjoy denograting and subjugating. It seems heretical for "the Thais" to think of the Indians as they do since Thailand has been the direct beneficiary of the religious doctrine that originated from that area, Buddhism.

All we humans are shameful creatures.

I am aware that the "boat people" were only minoritly Thai's

mostly Vietnamese or Hmong and Karen's wherever they hailed from. But your post word for word reminded me of how the local mexican emigrants I met in the Iron Foundry I worked in just after I left high-school sized up the 'boat people' imigrants.

They felt it was cheating that these new comers would combine their earnings to buy a small business or a home.

I feel shame about some thoughts I had at the time, but I forgive myself as I was just out of high-school. And you know at the same time I cant ignore that I found several of the young ladies atractive.

Archived