Aussie Bikies Invade Asia: Gangs On Overseas Recruiting Drives

bust

Well I hear the old Crossed Pistons premises could be avaolable in the Raja Carpark :)

AUSSIE outlaw bikie gangs are aggressively recruiting Asian members and expanding their power bases and networks in popular overseas tourist havens.

The gangs are thriving in Bali, Phuket, Jakarta, Singapore, Malaysia and Chiang Mai, with hundreds of new recruits joining the gangs.

South-East Asia has become a popular hotspot for Australian gangs, giving them access to local criminal connections. The Daily Telegraph can reveal Australian Federal Police and state police officers are investigating the gangs’ Asian expansion through the newly formed National Anti-Gangs Squad.

879371-117200a2-49b9-11e4-b01c-bb0ae8e97b2f.jpg

Australian bikie gang colours on show in Asian countries. The gangs are finding willing recruits among small time criminals across South-East Asia.

879397-de92fffe-4c8f-11e4-9e77-7409857ba1a2.jpg

The squad, which has been involved in the overseas arrests of 25 offenders, hosted a South-East Asian conference in June for the region’s anti-bikie authorities.

Held in Bangkok, the conference was attended by 75 Australian gang investigators and police from Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Canada, Demark and the US.

Australia’s biggest bikie gangs — including the Rebels, Hells Angels, Coffin Cheaters, Rock Machine, Bandidos, Mongols and Outlaws — have been hit hard by the nationwide crackdown on their criminal empires.

The Rebels — Australia’s biggest bikie gang — is desperate to brand itself as a global organisation, setting-up chapters in Asia, Europe and the US.

880641-0fcb5956-49b9-11e4-b01c-bb0ae8e97b2f.jpg

The bikies conference in Thailand was designed to raise the awareness of foreign police about the strategies and offshore networks of Australia’s bikie gangs.

Better co-operation and intelligence sharing between Australian police and police in South-East Asia has been set up to help “disrupt and dismantle†bikies.

NSW Police Gangs Squad commander Detective Superintendent Deb Wallace said the Asian chapters were an attempt to “tap into underworld business opportunities in overseas marketsâ€.

“We keep a very close eye on outlaw motorcycle gangs and in recent years have observed a number of OMCG members moving overseas,†he said. “In particular the Rebels have made a concerted effort to expand their international footprint, setting up chapters in Europe, the Middle East and South-East Asia.â€

Justice Minister Michael Keenan, who is in charge of the AFP, told The Daily Telegraph bikies remained “an ongoing threat to Australiaâ€.

“They are violent predators who ­profit from the misery of drug trafficking, drug manufacturing, extortion, prostitution and firearms trafficking,†he said.

“Through the National Anti-Gang Squad, Australia is leading the fight against the gangs’ criminal highways through South East Asia.â€

http://www.dailytele...2-1227080879424

If for no other reason than that I don't believe foreign bike gangs will be able to ensure the fun sanuking environment that I love in Thailand, I say kick the bums out - sure, if they can create local affiliates, fine, but foreign bike gangs getting excessively involved in bar management as is happening in parts of Bangkok seems to me to be a recipe for further decline of the scene. Bike mentality involves such a level of ugliness, intimidation and swagger, it has no place in the sanuk scene in Thailand. Leave the bars and girls to the Thais and to the foreign managers who work well with Thais, and stick to arms, industrial-level drug trafficking, and whatever other businesses you like...

Most clubs try to keep things low key, When the outlaws moved in, they thought being loud and bad was the thing to d.

Slow learners in that thought.I do not know who called that order, but I think that was a mistake.

Then having your clubhouse right near by and having big bold lettering was another shot in the foot idea..

Then Hells Angles only have one clubhouse they post big and loud. That is in Sturgis,Sd.

The reat are low key so to speak

Way back when, when I was in the USA, there was a gang of outlaws and they had their clubhouse. The county

police would ride by and fire their weapons into the clubhouse, just for grins!

While the gang was around, there was several bikes stolen but as soon as they were run out of the area, all the

thefts stopped :dunno: