Removing Water From Gasoline

I believe I may well have a small about of water in the petrol tank of my bike, which on occasions recently have made it difficult to start. Before I do take it to the garage and drain the fuel tank, have any BM's here any other alternatives, how to remove the small amount of water that is in the gasoline.

Water is denser than petrol. Let the bike settle overnight. Then siphon a small amount from the bottom of the tank.

However, difficulty starting can have many causes. I doubt water is the problem, because the fuel is drawn from the bottom of the tank.

I called into Red Baron only a few days ago about this slightly anoying problem, they have worked on my bike before when I had the carburetor stripped down and cleaned and a new gasoline filter fitted. Of course it started perfectly everytime and assured the bike was running perfectly and were unable to reproduce the poor starting which only happens sometimes when the bike has been standing.

Any water in the tank should move through the engine in the first few minutes of starting since the water will be at the bottom of the tank. The water would make the engine run rough and cause a drop in power.

There's three ways water can get into the tank,

1) Someone is pouring water into the tank. (enemies?)

2) Condensation. (keep the tank full)

3) Bad gas. (use different gas station)

3) Bad gas. (use different gas station)

Funny you should say that in recent weeks have started using this same gas station to fill up .... ummmm and just by chance from the same pump.

Yes ... I'll change