America Land Of The Free

My Thai wife still thinks that the U.S. Is the land of free cars. Actually, the U.S. Is not the land of the free but does have jobs. Thailand May or May not be the land of the free but it is definitely the land of no jobs. My preference would be to spend my retirement years in the U.S., but because of the cost of living and having a nice house in Chiang Mai, I'll be back in Thailand. If the cost of living skyrockets, I'll sell the house and move to Mexico. In any case, I doubt if the lack of freedom in U.S. or freedoms in Thailand rank very high on any list of reason why expats move from the U.S. To Thailand.

Well there are aspects of all countries that are hard to take.

Regarding freedoms well they are eroding.

But Thailand has some serious issues in this regard .

Also just on basic principles...your comment

"I must be one of the worst places to live"

Well that was obnoxious

at the very least. :shakehead

There are parts of the USA that are breathtaking as well as free :)

Sounds like you have never been there.

Travel much? :help::dunno:

I bet not.

After "they" killed JFK, the USA started it slide downhill and today, positively not the Land of the Free.

What is the USA best known for?

1. has the most people in prisons per capita then another other nation in the world!

2. is number one in spending money of "defense" in fact it spends MORE that they next 25 countries added up together!!

3. if "they" say you are a terrorist, you can be locked away indefinitely without any legal assistance!!!

Some land of the free...

I thought I had answered that before :

" Yes your right I don't travel much, have to leave that to the experts who know more about the world than I do."

I am more than happy to live in Thailand and I don't have to visit America to know I have no disire to live there, you may find that an obnoxious statement