Bkk Cabbies The Third Worst, Says Uk Taxi Rating Site

Flashermac

The Star

Asia News Network

July 2, 2015

Bangkok minicab drivers are gaining international recognition - or rather, infamy - for lack of knowledge in the direction.

British taxi comparison site LondonCabs.co.uk has placed Bangkok taxi drivers at the third of a list comparing the 10 worst taxi drivers across the globe.

They came in third in the list for drivers getting lost and not knowing the way.

Malaysian taxi drivers are at the top of the list for their bad attitude.

"Drivers from Kuala Lumpur are well known for overcharging clients and detouring.

"Even though they are supposed to charge by the meter, many drivers refuse from doing so," said LondonCabs.

"The best advice is to simply wait for another vehicle if the driver resists using the meter," it said.

The article further described taxis in Kuala Lumpur as "rather old and in poor condition".

Rome’s taxi drivers came in second after Kuala Lumpur for their exorbitant rates and rudeness.

"Most people cannot even find a vehicle available in Rome. Cars are scarce and the drivers are often rude and difficult to deal with," said LondonCabs.

"If it’s raining, expect to pay double or triple the price for a vehicle in Rome," it added.

Other cities that made the list were Paris, New York, Mumbai, Zurich, Cairo, Shanghai and Moscow.

LondonCabs said the 10 places listed had taxis that "you may be better off avoiding if you want to have a positive and uplifting transportation experience".

http://www.nationmul...i-30263606.html

My worst experience with a cabbie came in France on several occasions. They assume that every passenger is going to do a runner and lock the back doors for every one (it also helps them in disputes as they have a captive audience). I was charges $45 to go from the train station to a hotel. On the way back, I had the hotel manager handle the taxi reservation and was charged $18. That was the last time that I've been in France, some 20 years ago.

" LondonCabs said the 10 places listed had taxis that "you may be better off avoiding if you want to have a positive and uplifting transportation experience "

The only uplifting transportation experience is your wallet if your talking London cabs, according to the boyfriend. No mention that they happen to be the second most expensive taxi's in the world after Tokyo ... They might well have the knowledge of London, but hey .....these are the best in the world for the run around, making Bangkok taxi drivers look amateurs in comparison.

http://www.spectator...don-black-cabs/

On the flip side...I had landed at Heathrow and took a taxi to a hotel near Gatwick. I had about 150 pounds and thought that would be enough. It wasn't as the meter was at 200. I asked the taxi driver to stop at an ATM and I would get additional funds.

He said, don't worry about it, the 150 would be OK!

Now that was a first for me!!!