GP, any tower or room recommendations?

stumpy

Hi,

Will be in BKK at the end of the month. I have previously used the GP and had a room in tower 3. I would be interested to hear people recommendations for rooms/towers and the reasons why.

I am keen to avoid the bird noise that I hear some rooms have and I would be interested in knowing if the facilities in towers 1 and 2 are better than tower 3.

Thanks in advance.

September last year stayed in Tower 3. Good room, key card, good breakfast in Italian Restaurant, good value at 1300 baht.

Went back for the second time the other day, stayed in Tower 2, price has gone up to 1450 baht, better room (suite really) but key, not card. There was bird noise but it didnt bother me, but breakfast in the Brasserie was shit.

I like the place for easy driving access, and safe off road parking, it is pricier than I would normally choose, but for what you get very good value. I dont know what you could negotiate for a longer stay, a month or more, but if I was ever in the position to need that I would seriously consider it.

I prefer Tower I as it seems to be updated before tower II and III and you don't get the birds. but don't take the rooms that end in 05 as you will get the noise from a motor.

Can anyone tell me if they have update the rooms in Tower II or III

DJ

Tower 1 is definitely the better tower if you don't mind the "walk of shame". Tower 3 is on the other side of the soi and seems more geared towards the sanuk crowd. One down side is that the walls of Tower 3 are paper thin...so you can pretty much hear everything on either side of you. This isn't too bad except if you are trying to sleep at 4AM and the Couple next door has MTV on with the volume turned all the way up.

Archived