Catholic Arab Named 1St 'miss Trans Israel'

Flashermac

TEL AVIV, Israel — An Israeli from a Catholic Arab family has been crowned the winner of the country's first transgender pageant.

Talleen Abu Hanna, 21, from the northern city of Nazareth wore a white bridal dress as she was declared the first "Miss Trans Israel" on Friday at HaBima, Israel's national theater, in Tel Aviv.

She describes her victory as "historic" and says it promotes equality.

She will represent Israel at the Miss Trans Star International pageant in Spain in August.

Israel is generally tolerant of gay people, and Tel Aviv has emerged as one of the world's most gay-friendly destinations.

The Israeli city stands in sharp contrast to many parts of the Middle East, where gay people are often persecuted. But homosexuality is commonly shunned in religiously observant Jewish and Muslim communities.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464424870&typecate=06&section=

It was a full time job.

Nights. Graveyard shift.

A plant with about 200 employees. On the night shift.

About 12 supervisors on night shift.

Cigarettes.

First they converted a room for the smokers.

Not good enough for the 2d hand natsies.

Then all smokers had to go outside.

Not good enough for the 2nd hand natsies. As smokers smoked just outside the entry door.

So then the plant constructed a 3 sided "bus stop" type of roof structure with bench seats. Out in the open. But near walkway from parking lot. Some still complained but nothing further was given to the 2nd hand natsies.

Boring job. Over night shift. But allowed to sneak out for a quick cigarette.

One cold winter night. I slip out of the plant to take a cigarette break at the designated "bus stop".

A guy and a gal were standing talking. Two women were sitting and talking.

I did not know any of them other then they worked at the plant/factory.

The one guy leaves and goes back into the plant leaving me with the 3 women.

It's around 02:00 AM. I sit at the far end of the bench and take my smoke break.

There is silence after the other male leaves. The other 3 women are tired and just taking a break.

Silence. I'm bored and tired. But decide to liven things up.

So I speak up. Loud enough for all 3 to hear.

I ask one question.

"What do the four of us have in common?"

Silence.

Then one women speaks up and states that there is nothing that the four of us has in common.

I pause but then add that there is one thing that all all four of us have in common. The 3 gals and myself.

Again, no. We absolutely have nothing in common.

Yes, there is I state.

So finally, one of the woman state emphatically. "What is it that we all have in common?"

I state quite clearly the following.

"We are all wearing women's underwear."

One woman promptly walks away in total disgust. And states so clearly. "That's disgusting."

Another woman sits silently with amazement. A total blank look on her face.

The 3d woman finally bursts out laughing.

And we all go back to work. Each to their designated work station.

I go back to my work station and begin to think that this joke may backfire. All those talks about sexual harassment and such. That I might get in trouble as being a "pervert" or something.

And within 3 minutes of being back at my work station on the plant floor - I see one of the younger male supervisors (not mine) come furiously running over towards me. If one of those women complained I could maybe get into some serious trouble.

This young male supervisor comes running over. In a huff. And state to me directly:

Supervisor speaking to me: "I thought I was the only one wearing women's underwear in the plant." His words about himself. Of course he also is kidding. And tells me that one was the best one he has heard all year.

Apparently my little verbal joke had spread like lightening across the plant floor. I turned around and viewed quite a few looking at me and pointing.

A "pervert" amongst the "normal" folks who worked at the plant.

If you have never worked at a plant/factory on the overnight shift then you can't really understand how boring work can be. That night there was a lot of mumbling, pointing, and woke right up.

End.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So there are degrees of transgenderedness. I wonder what the scale is.

Stand just inside suk soi 4 for an hour on any given evening, and you will soon be acquainted perhaps not with the scale itself, but with every point thereon...

• Like 1